Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 06:29 AM
RE: Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church
(15-10-2015 06:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This has nothing at all to do with guns -- anymore than it has anything to do with churches.

I've never seen a gun attack anyone, nor have I seen a church go on a rampage.

It takes an asshole.......

And assholes find a way....

We need fist control, if you are caught with a fist in a school or church or hospital you should be fined, repeated offenders jailed. (Sarcasm).

As for the OP, religion is a very dangerous thing, make people do things you would not even imagine.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
15-10-2015, 06:36 AM
Yup -- "The debbil mades me do it" or "God told us to" -- really aren't much different.

Just some asshole looking for excuses to act badly.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-10-2015, 07:19 AM
Well if they had read the bible in it's proper context, they would have realized that no True Christian™ would have done this. If they had been True Christians™ then this would have worked. After all, Jesus said that you will know his real followers by their ability to cast out demons.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
15-10-2015, 08:55 AM
The fact that a group was involved in this means that it can't be chalked up to a mentally disturbed outlier. The common denominator among them is religion and it is religion alone that is responsible for this. Angry

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Octapulse's post
15-10-2015, 09:00 AM
On the bright side...
If they managed to get the 19 year old to confess his sins during the beating, at least we know he went to heaven.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
15-10-2015, 10:51 AM
RE: We are going to beat the sin out of you!
(14-10-2015 07:55 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  Such a sad story. Apparently some parents were trying to get their sons 17 and 19 year olds to confess their sins at church. For some reason things turned violent and the parents and other church members started beating the kids. The 19 year old has died and the 17 year old is in critical condition. You can read more here: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ny-t...ns-n444756

Damn. 19 year old forced to read Bible and not allowed to leave the house.

Ah, Christian love. Angry
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
15-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately the Bible advocates this type of thing:

Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of discipline will remove it far from him. (Proverbs 22:15)

Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol. (Proverbs 23:13-14)

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields other peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11)
15-10-2015, 11:44 AM
(14-10-2015 07:55 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  Such a sad story. Apparently some parents were trying to get their sons 17 and 19 year olds to confess their sins at church. For some reason things turned violent and the parents and other church members started beating the kids. The 19 year old has died and the 17 year old is in critical condition. You can read more here: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ny-t...ns-n444756

Faith and force are corollaries.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
15-10-2015, 12:05 PM
(15-10-2015 11:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [...] if you strike him with a rod, he will not die [...] (Proverbs 23:13-14)

evidently this is not true.

added to the list.
[+] 2 users Like mediocrates's post
16-10-2015, 08:03 AM
I would first start by saying that I am a Christian but it breaks my heart to hear of such things happening.