Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church
(17-10-2015 02:25 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  In the old testament law there was in fact a law specifically against witchcraft. Exodus 22:18 "do not allow a witch to live". However in the new testament Jesus said "he without sin may cast the first stone" referring to the woman who was guilty of adultery. This scripture teaches christians that the church should show mercy rather than judgement because nobody is perfect.

Bullshit.

First of all, in the bible, Jesus specifically said to keep the laws:
Quote:Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or tittle shall nowise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:18-19

It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. Luke 16:17

One came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him ... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Luke 19:16-17

That's ALL the laws. So, feel free to gack the witches with Jesus's support.

Second of all, the woman-taken-in-adultery story is apocryphal. It was added in the middle ages by scribes.

The scriptures teach whatever it is that the preachers want.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-10-2015, 09:37 PM
(15-10-2015 06:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This has nothing at all to do with guns -- anymore than it has anything to do with churches.

I've never seen a gun attack anyone, nor have I seen a church go on a rampage.

It takes an asshole.......

And assholes find a way....

Actually it s not the "guns" for example. It is the latest in military hardware. From bronze age to iron to gunpowder. Those with the most lethal weaponry usually win because they can kill on a larger scale.

Guns, cluster bombs, drone attacks and nuclear weapons.

The real question is who is to have them?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-10-2015, 10:13 PM
(16-10-2015 10:41 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

This passage was main reason Jews were vilified by Catholics.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Why is it everything has to go to guns, the thread has nothing to do with guns.

[Image: tumblr_m44xssSoJp1qjgyuwo1_500.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-10-2015, 10:29 PM
(16-10-2015 11:35 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Now I understand that this is an atheist forum and a made a lot of references to a book that you do not believe. I am not trying to convert you are judge you. Rather I am simply answering very good questions on what is actually taught in the bible in order to help you understand what Christians believe and how they are supposed to act. Thank you.

I think you're making a couple bad assumptions. First assumption was that the questions were not rhetorical and secondly that we aren't actually aware of what is written in the bible.

Many of us are because we used to be religious and jump through the same mental gymnastics to keep our belief.

Eventually some of us simply couldn't believe the lies we have been told and used to believe and defend anymore.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-10-2015, 11:11 PM
(17-10-2015 10:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Why is it everything has to go to guns, the thread has nothing to do with guns.

Weapons in my case.

In this case the weapons were physical.

Plus many Americans are obsessed with guns. I even read al poster here refer to the citizens needing to own more weaponry than tne govt.

That is fine, but how many F 15's do you own?

Madness, idiocy, take your pick?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
17-10-2015, 11:40 PM
(17-10-2015 11:27 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Where did I ever say that Christians will never die here on earth and will become immortal like the highlander?

That wasn't my assertion. Go back and reread what I wrote.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
17-10-2015, 11:43 PM
(17-10-2015 11:30 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  If you believe this is what is really taught in Christianity please show me one scripture in the bible that says this to be true. If you do i will apologize and admit that the bible is wrong and since as a Christian I am to believe the whole bible is true I would then be forced to renounce my faith. But I don't think you really care about my opinions or beliefs enough to really do that. I am just saying to please open my eyes and prove me wrong.

Considering that you're strawmanning my position, my normal apathy towards undermining anyone's faith is redoubled. I feel no need to explain a position I don't hold, especially in an effort to get you to renounce your faith.

If you want to adhere to superstition, that's your business. I only spoke to you at all because you're here making broad statements about atheists and morality that are most charitably described as ignorant.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-10-2015, 12:30 AM
(17-10-2015 11:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 10:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Why is it everything has to go to guns, the thread has nothing to do with guns.

Weapons in my case.

Plus many Americans are obsessed with guns. I even read al poster here refer to the citizens needing to own more weaponry than tne govt.

It has nothing to do with weapons, you just want it to.

Quote:Plus many Americans are obsessed with guns

For the 5,000th time, not true. I'm not going to argue though because this is not the place.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
18-10-2015, 04:32 AM
(18-10-2015 12:30 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 11:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Weapons in my case.

It has nothing to do with weapons, you just want it to.

Quote:Plus many Americans are obsessed with guns

For the 5,000th time, not true. I'm not going to argue though because this is not the place.

See this guy in the air?That's me. You really wanna tell a fully qualified martial arts master than hands and feet are NOT weapons?

By the way, I was originally answering Biker.

[Image: Jumping_Side_Kick1.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post