Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Teen Beaten to Death in New York Church
(17-10-2015 02:18 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Yes. Rejection of God is a sin according to Christianity however it is not unforgivable. If you really break it down, the root of any sin no mater how great or small is to reject God. The only sin that I have found in the bible to be unforgivable is to curse and reject the Holy Spirit. I sure this post will start a fire storm of comments.

Nah. Many of us have been there before. We ingested the Holy Spirit only to find out it was an emetic which caused uncontrollable retching and puking. Fuck you Holy Spirit, suck my ass.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-10-2015, 02:23 PM
(17-10-2015 01:53 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  All scriptures you mentioned are instructing parents to discipline their children. Not beat them to death. Now there are old testament laws that require that witches are to be put to death. The church in question here obviously did not understand scripture and the teachings of Jesus. Aka "he without sin may cast the first stone". According to the bible, Jesus himself condemned this type of behavior because he wanted to practice mercy and forgiveness not judgement.

Jesus message (see below)

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“ ‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’c

“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Christian message (see below)

" If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die"

It seems Christianity is a wonderful and loving religion. But only if you are Jesus. If you are not Jesus then Hell and fury be upon you dished out by the "loving" Christians.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
17-10-2015, 02:25 PM
In the old testament law there was in fact a law specifically against witchcraft. Exodus 22:18 "do not allow a witch to live". However in the new testament Jesus said "he without sin may cast the first stone" referring to the woman who was guilty of adultery. This scripture teaches christians that the church should show mercy rather than judgement because nobody is perfect.
17-10-2015, 02:26 PM
(17-10-2015 02:18 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Yes. Rejection of God is a sin according to Christianity however it is not unforgivable. If you really break it down, the root of any sin no mater how great or small is to reject God. The only sin that I have found in the bible to be unforgivable is to curse and reject the Holy Spirit. I sure this post will start a fire storm of comments.
I reject the Christian god.
It's non nonsensical and imaginary.

I would curse the god but I don't find curses to be real and what would be the point of cursing something that doesn't exist?, I don't imagine myself to have magical powers to conjure up curses. Unfortunately reality is far more mundane.
17-10-2015, 02:28 PM
(17-10-2015 02:25 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  In the old testament law there was in fact a law specifically against witchcraft. Exodus 22:18 "do not allow a witch to live". However in the new testament Jesus said "he without sin may cast the first stone" referring to the woman who was guilty of adultery. This scripture teaches christians that the church should show mercy rather than judgement because nobody is perfect.
It actually shows that the bibles contradict themselves and should be taken as nonsense rather than something profound and inspired by a all knowing entity.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
17-10-2015, 02:43 PM
(17-10-2015 02:23 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 01:53 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  All scriptures you mentioned are instructing parents to discipline their children. Not beat them to death. Now there are old testament laws that require that witches are to be put to death. The church in question here obviously did not understand scripture and the teachings of Jesus. Aka "he without sin may cast the first stone". According to the bible, Jesus himself condemned this type of behavior because he wanted to practice mercy and forgiveness not judgement.

Jesus message (see below)

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn

“ ‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’c

“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Christian message (see below)

" If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die"

It seems Christianity is a wonderful and loving religion. But only if you are Jesus. If you are not Jesus then Hell and fury be upon you dished out by the "loving" Christians.
In regards to the teaching of Jesus. What the scripture means is that if you had a choice between choosing your family or God you should choose God. Jesus knew that his teachings would break houses apart. It will cause friction so great that parents would disown their children ect. I am sure many atheist have had to deal with that. You have to understand the culture at the time. Jews still strictly followed old testament law. Can you imagine the chaos in the home when a boy told his jewish parents that he was a christian? Or if a woman broke the news to her husband who was a rabbi?

The second half of the post is referring to some of the old testament law. Any christian should know (however most don't) that Jesus taught to show mercy over judgement. "He without sin may cast the first stone"
17-10-2015, 02:49 PM
(17-10-2015 02:43 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  In regards to the teaching of Jesus. What the scripture means is that if you had a choice between choosing your family or God you should choose God.
This is exactly what this family and church did. And now the sons are dead.
God wins, family loses.
Christianity wins, humanity loses.

(17-10-2015 02:43 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Jesus knew that his teachings would break houses apart. It will cause friction so great that parents would disown their children ect.
The character Jesus wants to tear families apart. Wants parents to coerce children with extreme force.
All the Jesus character cares about is his own fame and control of others beyond peace, beyond reason.
The Jesus character just doesn't care about others, he just wants people to worship him at all costs.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
17-10-2015, 02:53 PM

The Holy Spirit is a part of God. If you reject the Holy Spirit--you are in essence rejecting God. At least that is what we were taught in my church.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-10-2015, 05:52 PM
(17-10-2015 02:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

The Holy Spirit is a part of God. If you reject the Holy Spirit--you are in essence rejecting God. At least that is what we were taught in my church.
Mark 3:29 "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."
17-10-2015, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 06:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-10-2015 05:52 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(17-10-2015 02:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The Holy Spirit is a part of God. If you reject the Holy Spirit--you are in essence rejecting God. At least that is what we were taught in my church.
Mark 3:29 "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

Fuck the Holy Spirit right in the ass. Suck my balls Holy Spirit. ... Suck on my chocolate salty balls. Just stick 'em in your mouth and suck 'em.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post