Poll: Should we have a Teen Section?
Yes
No
I am indifferent to the outcome.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Teen Forum Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2012, 09:37 PM
RE: Teen Forum Section?
Don't you trust us to look after our selves Hughs!?

The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries:
Number 14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2012, 09:38 PM
(19-09-2012 09:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Great idea until we get an influx of creepy 40 year olds posting pics of their nieces and nephews so they can pretend to be teenagers. Especially when they get all friendly with a particular person, just 'happen' to live nearby, and have the great idea of meeting up in an isolated place.

Speaking from experience, are ya Hughsie?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
19-09-2012, 09:39 PM
(19-09-2012 09:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Great idea until we get an influx of creepy 40 year olds posting pics of their nieces and nephews so they can pretend to be teenagers. Especially when they get all friendly with a particular person, just 'happen' to live nearby, and have the great idea of meeting up in an isolated place.
Dodgy

We can put a warning NOT to share personal information like a home address or a phone number.

Consider

So I am guessing you aren't for it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
19-09-2012, 09:44 PM

What's preventing them from doing this anyway? I don't think they are just waiting for the opportunity of someone to create a teen section. The prevention is teaching the youngin's how to stay safe with or without a special section. Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
19-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Nicely put.

The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries:
Number 14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
19-09-2012, 09:48 PM
(19-09-2012 09:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Don't you trust us to look after our selves Hughs!?

It's not that I think you're all gullible enough to get in the strange man's van to see his puppies and magic chocolate machine.

It's just that I think if you have a section called 'Teen Section' or something like that it's just asking for it. You're basically building a hunting ground for every pervert on the internet.

(19-09-2012 09:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Dodgy

We can put a warning NOT to share personal information like a home address or a phone number.

Consider

I see no point in a warning to not share personal info. Everyone already knows it yet many people still do it anyway. An extra warning in life won't change that.

I'm not really for it. I just don't see much point in it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
19-09-2012, 09:50 PM
(19-09-2012 09:31 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 09:25 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That sounds like you want to eat usConfusedConfusedConfused

If the teens wanted adults, such as yourself, to give advice, they can post it out of the teens section.

Ah ha ha ha. I meant hang WITH the teens. Oops, Freudian slip much Confused

Um, I would like to chill, cuz I'm cool, yo. There, that's better teen lingo, right? Homies.

*facepalm* stop...just stop...BlinkShockingUndecidedNo

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
19-09-2012, 09:51 PM
(19-09-2012 09:44 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  What's preventing them from doing this anyway? I don't think they are just waiting for the opportunity of someone to create a teen section. The prevention is teaching the youngin's how to stay safe with or without a special section. Thumbsup

It's like putting a supermarket that sells chocolate next door to a chocolate factory. Both sell chocolate but one will draw more chocoholics than the other, same principle for me.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
19-09-2012, 09:54 PM
(19-09-2012 09:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 09:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Don't you trust us to look after our selves Hughs!?

It's not that I think you're all gullible enough to get in the strange man's van to see his puppies and magic chocolate machine.

It's just that I think if you have a section called 'Teen Section' or something like that it's just asking for it. You're basically building a hunting ground for every pervert on the internet.

(19-09-2012 09:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Dodgy

Consider

I see no point in a warning to not share personal info. Everyone already knows it yet many people still do it anyway. An extra warning in life won't change that.

I'm not really for it. I just don't see much point in it.
I still don't see why predators need a teens section to do that stuff.. I mean, as LJ said.

Basically we would like a section where we can talk to teens and relate and shit... There are some threads I would like to post in the desired section that you guys might not want to hear, or see.

We want to have a section so that we, as atheist teens can discuss things such as "What is means to be an atheist teens, and how might this affect my life." We can discuss teen stuff, like sexuality, this generations thoughts on the future and just stuff you guys would find annoying.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
19-09-2012, 09:58 PM
(19-09-2012 09:54 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I still don't see why predators need a teens section to do that stuff.. I mean, as LJ said.

Basically we would like a section where we can talk to teens and relate and shit... There are some threads I would like to post in the desired section that you guys might not want to hear, or see.

We want to have a section so that we, as atheist teens can discuss things such as "What is means to be an atheist teens, and how might this affect my life." We can discuss teen stuff, like sexuality, this generations thoughts on the future and just stuff you guys would find annoying.

I'm not saying predators need a teen section. I'm saying they may be more drawn to a place that is clearly labelled as exclusively teen than a general forum.

My personal view is that you should be able to post all that stuff on the forum anyway (provided it's legal). If people don't like those sorta threads then there's nothing making them read them. If you get any crap from anyone for posting teen threads in TTOT you should tell them exactly where to shove their problem Smile.

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post