Poll: Should we have a Teen Section?
Yes
No
I am indifferent to the outcome.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Teen Forum Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: Teen Forum Section?
GIT OFF MAH LAWN! DAGBLASTED RATCHAFRATCHETS. AIN'T GOT NO MANNERS. DIDN'T YER PARENTS TEACH YOU ANYTHING PROPER? PULL YOUR PANTS UP. NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOUR DRAWERS. DON'T MAKE ME GET MY CANE. I'LL GET OUT OF MY CHAI... GATDOGIT, YOU LITTLE MONGRALS DONE MADE SPILL MY METAMUCIL!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
19-09-2012, 11:55 PM
KC, that reminded me of the time I had to spend a day at a nursing home checking air-cons for work experience.
Place wreaked of old people and death... Or a grievous amount of Ammonia and bleach, I've yet to figure out exactly which.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-09-2012, 12:11 AM
(19-09-2012 09:59 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  ... it's not like sexual predators will suddenly join an atheistic site just because there is a teen section...

How do know we they are not already here?

In my region there is a Chinese term for "sexual predator": sè láng (meaning literally: colour wolf) and it's a frigging compliment!

20-09-2012, 12:50 AM
The idea seems pointless. Making a section aimed at one group, goes against the spirit of the forum, which is to be as open to everyone as possible.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
20-09-2012, 01:03 AM
(19-09-2012 11:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  KC, that reminded me of the time I had to spend a day at a nursing home checking air-cons for work experience.
Place wreaked of old people and death... Or a grievous amount of Ammonia and bleach, I've yet to figure out exactly which.

It's not that way everywhere. In the South, they are dumps. Many places, like Wisconsin, and Iowa, and Minnesota, California, they are spotless. There is a reason some people pay high state taxes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-09-2012, 02:04 AM
(20-09-2012 01:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 11:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  KC, that reminded me of the time I had to spend a day at a nursing home checking air-cons for work experience.

It's not that way everywhere. In the South, they are dumps. Many places, like Wisconsin, and Iowa, and Minnesota, California, they are spotless. There is a reason some people pay high state taxes.

I've no experience with US nursing homes. Only Australian ones, from my own state. and yes, degrees of cleanliness vary, as with all things. All the homes I've been to have all been in excellent condition, I was simply remarking on the smell, the origin of which I cannot decide.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-09-2012, 03:23 AM
(19-09-2012 10:06 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Oh, I'm a mom who's the bomb.

Da bomb, Ma. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
20-09-2012, 03:56 AM
I want a parents only forum.

Oh, and a men's forum.

And a blue collar forum.

I think we should have a Christian forum, since we've had a fair number of those lately.

And don't forget the European forum.

And the seniors forum of course.

Nah. This is a place where everyone get their say. Regardless of the topic, and regardless of the demographic to which that topic appeals. Not to mention the fact that differentiating between teen and non-teen is impossible on the Internet. Even of we did make a teen forum, it wouldn't be restricted access to teens. There's no fair way to police that, and so we wouldn't police it at all, which means anyone can use it. Then there's really no point in the first place.

How bout this though.......a-squared, you start a general teen thread, in the section you think it would be most noticed by our resident teens. I'll stick it so it stays at the top. Maybe intro the thread by laying down a few "requests", such as having the older members leave this thread for the teenagers. That way you have an area for discussion that is intended for you and your peers, but that others are still "allowed" to be part of if they decide they can add some value to the conversation.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 10 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-09-2012, 04:25 AM
.... Yup that way they get their own township that us oldies can raid every so often.

But how do we stop them from drinking from our water fountains?

Aparteid rocks!

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
20-09-2012, 05:27 AM
(20-09-2012 03:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I want a parents only forum.

Oh, and a men's forum.

And a blue collar forum.

I think we should have a Christian forum, since we've had a fair number of those lately.

And don't forget the European forum.

And the seniors forum of course.

Nah. This is a place where everyone get their say. Regardless of the topic, and regardless of the demographic to which that topic appeals. Not to mention the fact that differentiating between teen and non-teen is impossible on the Internet. Even of we did make a teen forum, it wouldn't be restricted access to teens. There's no fair way to police that, and so we wouldn't police it at all, which means anyone can use it. Then there's really no point in the first place.

How bout this though.......a-squared, you start a general teen thread, in the section you think it would be most noticed by our resident teens. I'll stick it so it stays at the top. Maybe intro the thread by laying down a few "requests", such as having the older members leave this thread for the teenagers. That way you have an area for discussion that is intended for you and your peers, but that others are still "allowed" to be part of if they decide they can add some value to the conversation.

I like that idea. Yes Maybe more so than the initial.