Poll: Should we have a Teen Section?
Yes
No
I am indifferent to the outcome.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Teen Forum Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 06:20 AM
RE: Teen Forum Section?
(20-09-2012 03:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I want a parents only forum.

Oh, and a men's forum.

And a blue collar forum.

I think we should have a Christian forum, since we've had a fair number of those lately.

And don't forget the European forum.

And the seniors forum of course.

Nah. This is a place where everyone get their say. Regardless of the topic, and regardless of the demographic to which that topic appeals. Not to mention the fact that differentiating between teen and non-teen is impossible on the Internet. Even of we did make a teen forum, it wouldn't be restricted access to teens. There's no fair way to police that, and so we wouldn't police it at all, which means anyone can use it. Then there's really no point in the first place.

How bout this though.......a-squared, you start a general teen thread, in the section you think it would be most noticed by our resident teens. I'll stick it so it stays at the top. Maybe intro the thread by laying down a few "requests", such as having the older members leave this thread for the teenagers. That way you have an area for discussion that is intended for you and your peers, but that others are still "allowed" to be part of if they decide they can add some value to the conversation.

It's not like I want the forum to be segregated, but privacy was what I was aiming for. A thread would do, but I a, hesitent on the idea because it negates one of the key things I mentioned, the assurance newbies have that there posts are meant for teens only viewing.

It's like saying there is a teen thread, and while the posts maybe mostly teens, it can be viewed by anyone, not just fellow teens just might make the posts a bit less real, or teen orientated.

Now, I know for a fact that teens don't do much investigating, which is why I tried to deal with the problem of making it in a pre-existing thread. Plus, this thread, if it is made is going to deal with MANY topics, from games to stories about religion so it has no definite topic. I don't think it would go ALL of the categories on this forum site.

Also, there is no guarentee that the teens will even click on the right topic to go to the thread.

Now I am not agianst the thread being made, I'll make it, but I do have reason for making it a section, even if It is a tiny one.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2012, 06:27 AM
(20-09-2012 06:20 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  It's not like I want the forum to be segregated, but privacy was what I was aiming for. A thread would do, but I a, hesitent on the idea because it negates one of the key things I mentioned, the assurance newbies have that there posts are meant for teens only viewing.

It's like saying there is a teen thread, but the posts are totally public, and can be done by everybody... Kinda defeats the purpose.

Now, I know for a fact that teens don't do much investigating, which is why I tried to deal with the problem of making it in a pre-existing thread. Plus, this thread, if it is made is going to deal with MANY topics, from games to stories about religion so it has no definite topic. I don't think it would go ALL of the categories on this forum site.

Also, there is no guarentee that the teens will even click on the right topic to go to the thread.

Now I am not agianst the thread being made, I'll make it, but I do have reason for making it a section, even if It is a tiny one.

Unfortunately there isn't really any way of guaranteeing a teen-only section. We would only have people's words to go on, we have no way of checking. Plus, I can't imagine that Stark, Erx and DeepThought would avoid an entire section, as I understand it they are partly liable for the contents of the forum.

Maybe if you have a thread you could get Stark to put a request, as admin, at the top of the first post asking the rest of us to leave the thread for teens.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
20-09-2012, 06:28 AM
(19-09-2012 08:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hey guys, I think it would be awesome to add a teen section to the forum so that some of the veteran atheist teens, and the newbies can talk with each-other and not be bothered by you old folks. Tongue

And vice versa. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2012, 06:31 AM
(20-09-2012 04:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Aparteid rocks!

Apartheid is/was a piece of shit.
20-09-2012, 07:05 AM
(20-09-2012 06:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 04:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Aparteid rocks!

Apartheid is/was a piece of shit.

'dog - get some coffee; your satire detector needs a kick-start. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
20-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Teen Forum Section?
(20-09-2012 07:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 06:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Apartheid is/was a piece of shit.

'dog - get some coffee; your satire detector needs a kick-start. Drinking Beverage

Nah, the appropriate response is, "What? Too soon, 'dog?" Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-09-2012, 07:29 AM
As a teen, I hate being bitched at for having such unimportant threads..
Would be nice to have my own section to post in and not be yelled at for.

I say Yay!

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

20-09-2012, 07:30 AM
(20-09-2012 07:29 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  As a teen, I hate being bitched at for having such unimportant threads..

I say Yay!

I still vote that if someone criticises a thread you've posted in TTOT you should tell them to go fuck themselves Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
20-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Teen Forum Section?
(20-09-2012 07:30 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 07:29 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  As a teen, I hate being bitched at for having such unimportant threads..

I say Yay!

I still vote that if someone criticises a thread you've posted in TTOT you should tell them to go fuck themselves Smile.

Yeah but what if she wants to complain about you? Again.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Fuck that. For every teen worth talking to, there's ten only worth the couple of bucks in recycled biologicals. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]