Poll: Should we have a Teen Section?
Yes
No
I am indifferent to the outcome.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Teen Forum Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Teen Forum Section?
(20-09-2012 02:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 09:09 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I didn't realize privacy was the goal.

Not gonna happen. It's a public forum. There's no way we're making a forum that only teenage members can even view. Sorry brother.

It wasn't the goal, but more like something to make the teens assured that they are talking to other teens, and that the people who are reading and posting are the people he/she is reaching out to.

While I was at school, which is a catholic religious school, everyday I can't wait to get on here and just chill, but imagine the teens that feel the need to have a TEEN community, and we can provide a section for such a thing.

Also at school I relized that just ONE thread for the teens isn't going to be productive, seeing as there is no way to organize the posts. A teen could post about his or her religious experiences and want replies, and then her post gets swamped by other teens posting about different things, totally unrelated to her.

This is one of the things I am trying to avoid. And even one thread to talk about Everything related to teens from Homework to school clubs to philosophy to debate to theist arguments to coping about the loss of faith with other teens is going to be HUGELY disorganized in one thread.

If at most, you can try to persuade the non teens to not post, it would be a great thing.

Viewing isn't a problem, but the adult posting is something I want kept to a minimal. If they wanted the adults opinion, I don't see why they couldn't post OUTSIDE of the forum, where it is free reign.

I am not saying don't ALLOW them to not post, but rather I want to keep it mostly Teen conversing with Teen, not Adults giving advice to which the teens wanted teenage advice.

I will definitely discourage non-teens from posting in the teen thread. I think having a thread where teens can seek input from their peers is a great idea. In fact, if it ever becomes an issue, don't hesitate to pm me and I'll poke my head in and see what i can do.

Have you considered starting up a forum for atheist teens? Seriously dude. That could really take off. In fact it's WHY I don't want a separate section here. This isn't a teen forum, it's an everybody forum. So adding a section here could potentially make more work for me, and as you know, I'm a lazy sob. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-09-2012, 02:57 PM
I wonder if there are even any other teens who seek to have such a forum established. Consider

Poll time?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-09-2012, 03:00 PM
(20-09-2012 02:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Poll time?

Yes!!!!

[Image: pole-dance.jpg]

Oh. You meant a different kind of poll. Sadcryface2

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
20-09-2012, 03:02 PM
(20-09-2012 03:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 02:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Poll time?

Yes!!!!

[Image: pole-dance.jpg]

Oh. You meant a different kind of poll. Sadcryface2

Lord Erxy...he said Poll, not Pole....it'll be ok, don't cry!Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-09-2012, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 03:14 PM by Atothetheist.)
(20-09-2012 02:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 02:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  It wasn't the goal, but more like something to make the teens assured that they are talking to other teens, and that the people who are reading and posting are the people he/she is reaching out to.

While I was at school, which is a catholic religious school, everyday I can't wait to get on here and just chill, but imagine the teens that feel the need to have a TEEN community, and we can provide a section for such a thing.

Also at school I relized that just ONE thread for the teens isn't going to be productive, seeing as there is no way to organize the posts. A teen could post about his or her religious experiences and want replies, and then her post gets swamped by other teens posting about different things, totally unrelated to her.

This is one of the things I am trying to avoid. And even one thread to talk about Everything related to teens from Homework to school clubs to philosophy to debate to theist arguments to coping about the loss of faith with other teens is going to be HUGELY disorganized in one thread.

If at most, you can try to persuade the non teens to not post, it would be a great thing.

Viewing isn't a problem, but the adult posting is something I want kept to a minimal. If they wanted the adults opinion, I don't see why they couldn't post OUTSIDE of the forum, where it is free reign.

I am not saying don't ALLOW them to not post, but rather I want to keep it mostly Teen conversing with Teen, not Adults giving advice to which the teens wanted teenage advice.

I will definitely discourage non-teens from posting in the teen thread. I think having a thread where teens can seek input from their peers is a great idea. In fact, if it ever becomes an issue, don't hesitate to pm me and I'll poke my head in and see what i can do.

Have you considered starting up a forum for atheist teens? Seriously dude. That could really take off. In fact it's WHY I don't want a separate section here. This isn't a teen forum, it's an everybody forum. So adding a section here could potentially make more work for me, and as you know, I'm a lazy sob. Wink

You can always appoint me and Taz, and some other teens to regulate the forums as section mods or something. I get that it's an EVERYBODY forum, but the point is that I know that atheists know of TTA, and teens like his videos, but when they see the forum, they think it is a grown up world, and they can become quite nervous, At least I was.

I have no idea how to start a forum, and really, I would be on this forum to much to even bother with a teen forum. Its like multi- tasking, keeping on this forum while I moderate one of my goals to help teens like me.

This community is special, and I think that the teen section will be a great extension and when they feel ready, jump into a community that's already there with out the need of searching up of another forum site to go on. Plus, this place is one of the most awesome, friendly, joking, forum around and it would be nice to have people from the teens join in, but I know they wouldn't immediately.

It might be an emotion driven goal, but I just see no reason why a teen community in this forum is that bad.

...but, you have spoken, so I will just quit this endeavor and just deal with it. Thanks for the posts guys.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
20-09-2012, 03:16 PM
(20-09-2012 03:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  ...but, you have spoken, so I will just quit this endeavor and just deal with it. Thanks for the posts guys.

on the contrary....YOU have spoken......and since you've made some good arguments, I am reconsidering.

I've posted a thread in the team/vets section, asking their opinion. Gimme a day or so, but I'm actually warming up to the idea.

20-09-2012, 03:17 PM
(20-09-2012 03:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 03:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  ...but, you have spoken, so I will just quit this endeavor and just deal with it. Thanks for the posts guys.

on the contrary....YOU have spoken......and since you've made some good arguments, I am reconsidering.

I've posted a thread in the team/vets section, asking their opinion. Gimme a day or so, but I'm actually warming up to the idea.

Well in that case, can we have a pole dancer section too? Yes

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-09-2012, 03:18 PM
(20-09-2012 03:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 03:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  on the contrary....YOU have spoken......and since you've made some good arguments, I am reconsidering.

You should make a stripper thread.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
20-09-2012, 03:20 PM
(20-09-2012 03:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've posted a thread in the team/vets section, asking their opinion. Gimme a day or so, but I'm actually warming up to the idea.
What about my poll? Sad

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-09-2012, 03:21 PM
(20-09-2012 03:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 03:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  on the contrary....YOU have spoken......and since you've made some good arguments, I am reconsidering.

Why the fuck you askin me?? You have just as much power around this joint as I do!

......hee hee......I said "joint".........

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post