Teen Handcuffed For "Stealing" Milk Carton

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Teen Handcuffed For "Stealing" Milk Carton
(07-10-2016 09:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  Once the morning bell rings the place practically goes on lockdown. All doors are locked, no one goes in or out without a very good reason. [...]

Does this pose any fire safety issues, or are the locked doors unlockable (only) from within by an alarmed panic bar?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 03:41 PM
(08-10-2016 04:56 AM)yakherder Wrote:  During the half of the year I was at a homeschool co-op in Alaska, things were more relaxed, we all knew each other, and most of us had a rifle hanging next to our coats. [...]

Uh... isn't this self-contradictory? I'm also somewhat surprised that in the US, they allow teachers to carry firearms into their schools. Do they really expect a teacher—possibly unskilled in effective firearm use and/or safety—to mount a shoot-out with armed criminal intruders?

Personally, I wouldn't be impressed—at all—if any/all of my kids' schoolteachers were armed. Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
11-10-2016, 03:49 PM
(11-10-2016 03:41 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:56 AM)yakherder Wrote:  During the half of the year I was at a homeschool co-op in Alaska, things were more relaxed, we all knew each other, and most of us had a rifle hanging next to our coats. [...]

Uh... isn't this self-contradictory? I'm also somewhat surprised that in the US, they allow teachers to carry firearms into their schools. Do they really expect a teacher—possibly unskilled in effective firearm use and/or safety—to mount a shoot-out with armed criminal intruders?

Personally, I wouldn't be impressed—at all—if any/all of my kids' schoolteachers were armed. Confused

There isn't some fairy dust they sprinkle on cops and soldiers that makes them effective with a firearm..... Some cops suck with a gun. So do some soldiers.

I know - I shoot with cops and soldiers here at my home, quite frequently.

Last time was Sunday.

Proficiency only comes with years of exposure, practice and perfecting the art.

Your generalization that teachers are firearm illiterate is just a bad stereotype.

Some are good. Some aren't.

That's how it goes dealing with human beings.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-10-2016, 06:36 PM

another gun thread, somehow!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.