Poll: Does Aitzaz Hasan deserve the medal?
Yes
No
Unsure
[Show Results]

Teen Sacrifices His Life To Save School

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2014, 01:09 PM
RE: Teen Sacrifices His Life To Save School
That's genuine heroism. I have nothing but respect and sadness for him.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
11-01-2014, 01:24 PM
(11-01-2014 11:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Although I am curious, for the one person who said no: why not?

It wasn't me but one plausible reason for not awarding it could be that the brave bigass sumo teen wasn't in the military just like the US doesn't award the Medal of Honor to civilians but instead has the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal as civilian equivalents. If Pakistan doesn't have civilian equivalents then yes he should be awarded the military honor. And given the groundswell of support he probably will.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-01-2014, 01:41 PM
(11-01-2014 01:04 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 12:59 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  His family wants him to be declared as shaheed/martyr that will bring some benefits to them, and 72 virgins for him I guess.

So? A martyr for saving a school against an extremist? I think that's fair. ..

Did I say it wasn't fair? Consider

Although 72 virgins might be too much for a high school kid. Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
11-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Martyr is a word used commonly in various cultures and in various movements.

Even the Chinese communist party has "martyrs of the revolution".

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
11-01-2014, 03:16 PM
(11-01-2014 01:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 11:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Although I am curious, for the one person who said no: why not?

It wasn't me but one plausible reason for not awarding it could be that the brave bigass sumo teen wasn't in the military just like the US doesn't award the Medal of Honor to civilians but instead has the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal as civilian equivalents. If Pakistan doesn't have civilian equivalents then yes he should be awarded the military honor. And given the groundswell of support he probably will.

He should get something...

Atir aissom atir imon
11-01-2014, 03:17 PM
(11-01-2014 01:41 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 01:04 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  So? A martyr for saving a school against an extremist? I think that's fair. ..

Did I say it wasn't fair? Consider

Although 72 virgins might be too much for a high school kid. Big Grin

True, and lol you never know. I dated a nympho in high school and I kept up just fine Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
11-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Wow. What a brave young man. Words fail.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-01-2014, 09:15 PM
(11-01-2014 03:16 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 01:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It wasn't me but one plausible reason for not awarding it could be that the brave bigass sumo teen wasn't in the military just like the US doesn't award the Medal of Honor to civilians but instead has the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal as civilian equivalents. If Pakistan doesn't have civilian equivalents then yes he should be awarded the military honor. And given the groundswell of support he probably will.

He should get something...

I'mm pick on your wording for a second.

You said "He should get something.", he really can't get anything; he doesn't exist any more, on account of, you know, being dead.

That being said, I don't think he is entitled to military honours but some sort of commemoration of his sacrifice should be made. Maybe even a small stipend for the bereaved family for a bit too or something.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-01-2014, 09:19 PM
(11-01-2014 09:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'mm pick on your wording for a second.

Really? Come on, you can figure out what i mean Beat_stick

(11-01-2014 09:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That being said, I don't think he is entitled to military honours but some sort of commemoration of his sacrifice should be made. Maybe even a small stipend for the bereaved family for a bit too or something.

Yeah exactly, I'm not sure about "military honor", but some sort of civilian equivalent.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
11-01-2014, 09:26 PM
(11-01-2014 09:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 09:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'mm pick on your wording for a second.

Really? Come on, you can figure out what i mean Beat_stick

Problem?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.