Teen Thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
06-01-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Teen Thread.
(06-01-2014 05:08 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 03:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  We don't get snow days here.

Occasionally we can get a hot day though. As the name implies, it is a day so hot that it becomes completely unreasonably to attend classes even in air conditioned units.
This however doesn't tend to happen until it hits high 40's to above 50's when standard air cons are physically unable to keep a constant comfortable temperature, risking many an ambulance ride for children and teachers due to a particularly fun little problem known as heat (/sun)stroke.

In essence; You yanks have it easy.

Hmm, where are you where it's exceeding 50? UAE?

Our summers reach around 45 or so out here in the desert of California. I know that's not Death Valley temps, but it looks like folks in the east have temps of maybe -61F (~ -51C) to look forward to. How's that easy?

I live in South Australia, Smurf. It's not an everyday occurrence but above 50 degrees C does happen every so often, and high 40's+ occurs quite often at any time outside winter.
We don't have any sort of fun 'white winters' most we hear yanks constantly banging on about, with the snow and such. Getting off school because it's snowed seems easy compared to going in temperatures in which people begin to denature. Plus keeping warm tends to be much easier than keeping cool.

Thing is, saying "It snowed so school was called off." doesn't exactly give an impression of hyper-low temperatures, only that it was cold enough to have snowed during the night...
Keep in mind, I'm not saying that I have it hard, far from it; still a couple weeks till I have to go back to school in the heat, but 'cause it snowed' really does sound easy, man. Though when there's at least one parent who is borderline insane possibly around...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 06:47 PM
(06-01-2014 06:40 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 05:08 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Hmm, where are you where it's exceeding 50? UAE?

Our summers reach around 45 or so out here in the desert of California. I know that's not Death Valley temps, but it looks like folks in the east have temps of maybe -61F (~ -51C) to look forward to. How's that easy?

I live in South Australia, Smurf. It's not an everyday occurrence but above 50 degrees C does happen every so often, and high 40's+ occurs quite often at any time outside winter.
We don't have any sort of fun 'white winters' most we hear yanks constantly banging on about, with the snow and such. Getting off school because it's snowed seems easy compared to going in temperatures in which people begin to denature. Plus keeping warm tends to be much easier than keeping cool.

Thing is, saying "It snowed so school was called off." doesn't exactly give an impression of hyper-low temperatures, only that it was cold enough to have snowed during the night...
Keep in mind, I'm not saying that I have it hard, far from it; still a couple weeks till I have to go back to school in the heat, but 'cause it snowed' really does sound easy, man. Though when there's at least one parent who is borderline insane possibly around...

Also, when the hell does this section ever get used?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-01-2014, 06:52 PM
(06-01-2014 06:40 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 05:08 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Hmm, where are you where it's exceeding 50? UAE?

Tomorrow is cancelled too. So happy to live in pussy 'Merica!!!!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
27-11-2014, 04:06 PM
I enjoyed reading all that Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Alexis's post
27-11-2014, 05:06 PM
(27-11-2014 04:06 PM)Im_Alexis Wrote:  I enjoyed reading all that Big Grin

Gasp! This thread actually got used!