Teen driver kills father and daughter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2012, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 10:54 AM by justmetoo.)
Teen driver kills father and daughter
What is going on with these kids? Shouldn't something be done to curve the speed abilities for cars owned by kids below the 18. I know that age doesn't equate to marturity, but something needs to be done about this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ncord.html

Quote:
Witnesses said the vehicle was traveling at an excessive rate of speed,
As he spun out of control, the driver also knocked over a fire hydrant;
The SUV rolled over several times and came to a stop when it hit a medical building.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 11:38 AM
RE: Teen driver kills father and daughter
Ford has a system called MyKey on most of their vehicles. It allows parents to limit speed, radio volume, and even informs the driver of how much gas they are using. It's tied to one of the keys and will automatically work when that key is used to start the car.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
If you're going to start curbing the speeds at which cars can go then why stop at just kids? It's not like they are the only people who die from car crashes and reckless driving.
[+] 2 users Like Napoleon's post
10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
(10-04-2012 11:57 AM)Napoleon Wrote:  If you're going to start curbing the speeds at which cars can go then why stop at just kids? It's not like they are the only people who die from car crashes and reckless driving.
Experience is what's needed and the younger you are the less you have. The older drivers who cause such accidents have experience, yet don't give a damn.
10-04-2012, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 06:03 PM by itsacow.)
You know all those graphs showing teens are the worst drivers? Well they are not entirely accurate. Most of the graphs have 16-24-year-olds as the worst drivers by number of accidents and deaths and such. They do this because when people turn 21(in the U.S.) they are now allowed to drink legally. So they drive home drunk and crash.

Though Teens are the most inexperienced, they are not the worst drivers. Though idiots like this give a bad rep for all teen drivers.

Under Repair.
16-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Here in Croatia we have a law that prohibits young drivers (under 24 or 2 years of driving experience) to drive a car that has over 120 BHP. I think the law is great, but the problem is that people don't pay too much attention to it, nor does the police do anything about it. It is perfectly logical to limit young drivers, not give them 500 BHP car that goes like Space Shuttle...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-04-2012, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 06:53 AM by Antirepublican.)
(10-04-2012 05:58 PM)itsacow Wrote:  You know all those graphs showing teens are the worst drivers? Well they are not entirely accurate. Most of the graphs have 16-24-year-olds as the worst drivers by number of accidents and deaths and such. They do this because when people turn 21(in the U.S.) they are now allowed to drink legally. So they drive home drunk and crash.

Though Teens are the most inexperienced, they are not the worst drivers. Though idiots like this give a bad rep for all teen drivers.
Because you HAVE to be 21 to drink....what a crock of shit.

(16-04-2012 03:04 AM)Filox Wrote:  Here in Croatia we have a law that prohibits young drivers (under 24 or 2 years of driving experience) to drive a car that has over 120 BHP. I think the law is great, but the problem is that people don't pay too much attention to it, nor does the police do anything about it. It is perfectly logical to limit young drivers, not give them 500 BHP car that goes like Space Shuttle...
Or just not make those vehicles? No one needs a car with 500 BHP...
Just like no one needs a full automatic rifle with extended magazine and a silencer.
16-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Or changing the mentality of how alcohol is treated in the U.S. Here in Europe, I started drinking when I was 16 and have never been drunk.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
16-04-2012, 06:04 PM
(16-04-2012 05:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Or changing the mentality of how alcohol is treated in the U.S. Here in Europe, I started drinking when I was 16 and have never been drunk.
Isn't alcohol much more detrimental to kids?
16-04-2012, 06:38 PM
(16-04-2012 06:04 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 05:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Or changing the mentality of how alcohol is treated in the U.S. Here in Europe, I started drinking when I was 16 and have never been drunk.
Isn't alcohol much more detrimental to kids?
If it is introduced at a young age (in Europe it is mixed with water), then it is treated as apart of life, and not some holy privilege to be broken.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]