Teen driver kills father and daughter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: Teen driver kills father and daughter
Australia is probably one of the worst - you get you license at 18 and 18 is also the age where you can start drinking. In what universe is that not really fucking stupid!!! Ohmy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 01:24 AM
(16-04-2012 06:44 PM)aurora Wrote:  Australia is probably one of the worst - you get you license at 18 and 18 is also the age where you can start drinking. In what universe is that not really fucking stupid!!! Ohmy
This one obviously.

You must live in this weird alternate reality where people, especially kids, inherently obey every single law.

Back here in reality, raising the age to legally drink even further would solve pretty much nothing.
17-04-2012, 04:07 AM
(17-04-2012 01:24 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 06:44 PM)aurora Wrote:  Australia is probably one of the worst - you get you license at 18 and 18 is also the age where you can start drinking. In what universe is that not really fucking stupid!!! Ohmy
This one obviously.

You must live in this weird alternate reality where people, especially kids, inherently obey every single law.

Back here in reality, raising the age to legally drink even further would solve pretty much nothing.
You'd be surprised on what lowering the age for drinking and raising the age for driving would do.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
17-04-2012, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 07:55 AM by Filox.)
The legal age for drinking is BULLSHIT!! If one want to drink, they will drink. If you make alcohol illegal, than they can choose whether to illegally purchase booze, or drugs, it is the same, both are illegal, so why not get some weed and get high, or get an extasy and fly around?

Repression solves nothing. Education does. I started to drink at 14-15. I started serious drinking at the age of 16-17. I quit drinking until the age of 22-23. So while you in USA are only tasting beer for the first time, I have already decided it is BS and quited. Now here is something from my personal experience...

When you are young it is kinda expected of you to do crazy things, which you probalby won't do when you get older (and smarter). So it was completely (and still is) normal for me to see kids under 20 how they are dead drunk around concert places, how they smoke weed in back alleys... And I did all that when the time was for that, while I was a teenager. While I was doing that I had a friend who was a straightedge (no cigarettes, no alcohol, no drugs - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge). He though it was so cool, he was the coolest of the coolest. NOT. We all made fun of him all the time. Drunk and stoned, we would drink in front of him and tell him how great it is, then smoke a joint and enjoy (...mmmmm...) in front of him, you know, all that great teen stuff when you fuck someone in the head all night long... ... Some years passed, I kinda stopped drinking, it was a bit stupid for me to be dead drunk in some alley, I wasn't a kid anymore, now I was a bit more serious, so I was drinking responsibly, because I have learned what it means to drink responsibly. That streaghtedge guy just discovered alcohol. He decided that it was enough of that BS and he started to drink, smoke, the whole nine yards. So while I was walking down the street all normal and serious, he comes from some bush, carrying a plastic bottle of white vine, drunk as fuck, starts telling me something, invites me to drink with him from that bottle, telling me I was a pussy because I do not want to drink now... The only thing I have "explained" to him, in that state, is that I have done all that while I was a kid, now, he is a grown up guy acting like a drunk kid. So, he was about 6 years too late.

The EXACT same thing is happening in USA, where people start drinking at the age of 21, yet they have no tolerance or familiarity with the alcohol and it's effects. So you get grown up people acting like complete idiots and looking like little drunk kids. Also, while you are a kid, you live with your parents, so they control you a bit, you can not come home all wasted all the time, after 21 nobody asks you anything, you have much more freedom, so you can act much worse, like a wild dog when it gets loose from the chain, you go berserk. Or you can introduce new things little by little.

I wouldn't change my alcohol-weed-drugs based teenage years for nothing in this world, it made a better person than anything else. The experience, the ideas, the self awareness... Oh wait. No sorry, I can't be saying this publicly. You know what? Fuck you, I can and I did. By the words of a great prophet:
Quote:I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Quote:The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
17-04-2012, 08:22 AM
(17-04-2012 07:48 AM)Filox Wrote:  Repression solves nothing. Education does. I started to drink at 14-15. I started serious drinking at the age of 16-17. I quit drinking until the age of 22-23. So while you in USA are only tasting beer for the first time, I have already decided it is BS and quited. Now here is something from my personal experience...
I'd agree, if only I'd know about an education that works as a prevention. What we have is mostly a scholastic education, to produce trained capitalistic drones. So how would you explain to someone what does it mean to drink responsibly?

I wonder if it would work better the opposite way, let's say drinking age 15 (age of consent and criminal responsibility in my country), driving age 18 years. And there might be teenage pubs where they'd make sure the kids don't get 4 promile as they do when drinking somewhere in the secret.
17-04-2012, 09:05 AM
(16-04-2012 03:04 AM)Filox Wrote:  Here in Croatia we have a law that prohibits young drivers (under 24 or 2 years of driving experience) to drive a car that has over 120 BHP. I think the law is great, but the problem is that people don't pay too much attention to it, nor does the police do anything about it. It is perfectly logical to limit young drivers, not give them 500 BHP car that goes like Space Shuttle...
I think kids can get into enough trouble with 120BHP. You don't need a 500BHP car to get up to dangerous speeds.
17-04-2012, 04:57 PM
(17-04-2012 01:24 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
This one obviously.

Hmmm. And you must live with your head is up your arse! Sleepy

20-04-2012, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 02:47 AM by Filox.)
Ah, a good few questions... Yes, Adaptive, 120 BHP can get you into trouble easy as can 60 BHP as well. But even 120 limit is better than no limit at all, because 200+ BHP is just too dangerous for inexperienced driver, no matter his age. All else is the matter of ones mentality, parents influence (parenting) and all sorts of small things that influence someone's psychical state.

As for the education, this is not the thing anyone would listen in school or in some class. This is the thing your parents are suppose to explain to you while you are growing up. It is also normal that teenagers will rebel a bit against their parents, maybe go over the top a bit, but it is up the parents again to talk to them set them on the right tracks. Not all education is suppose to be school based.

Repression only gives us retarded and illogical laws like the one we all have (except Netherlands) for weed. It is the best way to show how repression is stupid and how it is wrong and does not work.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-04-2012, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 12:30 PM by Antirepublican.)
(20-04-2012 02:44 AM)Filox Wrote:  Ah, a good few questions... Yes, Adaptive, 120 BHP can get you into trouble easy as can 60 BHP as well. But even 120 limit is better than no limit at all, because 200+ BHP is just too dangerous for inexperienced driver, no matter his age. All else is the matter of ones mentality, parents influence (parenting) and all sorts of small things that influence someone's psychical state.

As for the education, this is not the thing anyone would listen in school or in some class. This is the thing your parents are suppose to explain to you while you are growing up. It is also normal that teenagers will rebel a bit against their parents, maybe go over the top a bit, but it is up the parents again to talk to them set them on the right tracks. Not all education is suppose to be school based.

Repression only gives us retarded and illogical laws like the one we all have (except Netherlands) for weed. It is the best way to show how repression is stupid and how it is wrong and does not work.
But you didn't even explain why anyone would need 200+ BHP.... they don't. Its only good for one thing, to break the law and put themselves and others into danger.

Its sort of like DVD burners, they are almost exclusively used for illegal purposes, yet they are legal, because a legal purpose do exist.
The difference is that you are not going to kill yourself, or more importantly someone else, with a pirated DvD.

(17-04-2012 04:57 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 01:24 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  This one obviously.

Hmmm. And you must live with your head is up your arse! Sleepy
Do you honestly think kids wait till they are 21 to drink? No, of course not. Hell I know a lot of parents that knowingly let their 18+ year old kids drink. At 18 they are adults, and the law is unjust, and nearly impossible to enforce. Raising the drinking age would accomplish nothing.

Raising the legal age to drive is at least equally pointless. An inexperienced driver is an inexperienced driver, whether at 16 or 18 years of age. I got my license at 18, and I never considered myself better than the kids who got their license at 16.

You have no arguments whatsoever.
So get your head out of your ass, and join us back in the real world.
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
21-04-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 05:24 PM by aurora.)
(21-04-2012 10:17 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(20-04-2012 02:44 AM)Filox Wrote:  Ah, a good few questions... Yes, Adaptive, 120 BHP can get you into trouble easy as can 60 BHP as well. But even 120 limit is better than no limit at all, because 200+ BHP is just too dangerous for inexperienced driver, no matter his age. All else is the matter of ones mentality, parents influence (parenting) and all sorts of small things that influence someone's psychical state.

But you didn't even explain why anyone would need 200+ BHP.... they don't. Its only good for one thing, to break the law and put themselves and others into danger.

Its sort of like DVD burners, they are almost exclusively used for illegal purposes, yet they are legal, because a legal purpose do exist.
The difference is that you are not going to kill yourself, or more importantly someone else, with a pirated DvD.

(17-04-2012 04:57 PM)aurora Wrote:  Hmmm. And you must live with your head is up your arse! Sleepy
Do you honestly think kids wait till they are 21 to drink? No, of course not. Hell I know a lot of parents that knowingly let their 18+ year old kids drink. At 18 they are adults, and the law is unjust, and nearly impossible to enforce. Raising the drinking age would accomplish nothing.

Raising the legal age to drive is at least equally pointless. An inexperienced driver is an inexperienced driver, whether at 16 or 18 years of age. I got my license at 18, and I never considered myself better than the kids who got their license at 16.

You have no arguments whatsoever.
So get your head out of your ass, and join us back in the real world.
So..you're not a parent then and it certainly doesn't look like you've researched this very well, so on that note I don't think I'll go any further as I'm not interested in debating with a rude, self-rightious, self-opinionated wackadoodle like yourself. Good day!