Teen driver kills father and daughter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2012, 07:28 AM
RE: Teen driver kills father and daughter
Could we, like not call each other names here. They don't add to the discussion. just my opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2012, 11:09 AM
(21-04-2012 09:05 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(21-04-2012 10:17 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  But you didn't even explain why anyone would need 200+ BHP.... they don't. Its only good for one thing, to break the law and put themselves and others into danger.

Its sort of like DVD burners, they are almost exclusively used for illegal purposes, yet they are legal, because a legal purpose do exist.
The difference is that you are not going to kill yourself, or more importantly someone else, with a pirated DvD.

Do you honestly think kids wait till they are 21 to drink? No, of course not. Hell I know a lot of parents that knowingly let their 18+ year old kids drink. At 18 they are adults, and the law is unjust, and nearly impossible to enforce. Raising the drinking age would accomplish nothing.

Raising the legal age to drive is at least equally pointless. An inexperienced driver is an inexperienced driver, whether at 16 or 18 years of age. I got my license at 18, and I never considered myself better than the kids who got their license at 16.

You have no arguments whatsoever.
So get your head out of your ass, and join us back in the real world.
So..you're not a parent then and it certainly doesn't look like you've researched this very well, so on that note I don't think I'll go any further as I'm not interested in debating with a rude, self-rightious, self-opinionated wackadoodle like yourself. Good day!
May your ears turn into arseholes and shit all over your shoulders. Yes
So what your saying is your not completely ignorant, just extremely bias due to parenthood as well.

Ok...
23-04-2012, 02:26 AM
While I agree that ther is no point in having a 200+ BHP car, there simply is no reason to ban them all together. Same things is with the DVD's. As car is not made or guilty for your death, so is the DVD not made or intended for piracy. PEOPLE and their STUPIDITY are responsible for car-deaths and DVD piracy. By limiting the car manufacturers, you automatically limit the new inventions, technologies and advancements in the whole car industry. In technology, boundaries must be broken over and over again to push the technological progress forward. Quite simple really.

As for the DVD's, this whole argument is retarded. A movie is just digital data, same way as everything else that goes to DVD. What someone uses it for is nobodies business. DVD is bought legally and it is used to record digital data. Period. Personally, I think that people who still use DVD's instead of USB disks or sticks are stuck in the past. Best way would be to ban all media except 1.44 MB floppy disks. They are large enough for a lot of text, but you could never put a movie on them, it would take forever. There, piracy solved.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-04-2012, 03:37 AM
I don't know why cars aren't limited anyway.

We have to go through hell to buy cigarettes, but it only takes an ankle movement to go 150mph. What's that about?

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Well, most of the stronger cars are limited, limited to 150 MPH...

Big Grin

It is a pretty big oxymoron to have a highway that allows you to drive 120-150 KM/H all over the world (except Germany - unlimited autobahn), yet everyone produces cars that can go at least 160 KM/H. The crappiest car you can find will do that speed at least. Anything with 200+ BHP can do almost double that speed, so what's the deal with the highways then? Either lift the speed limit, or change the way cars are made. Right?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-04-2012, 11:30 PM
(16-04-2012 05:50 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 05:58 PM)itsacow Wrote:  You know all those graphs showing teens are the worst drivers? Well they are not entirely accurate. Most of the graphs have 16-24-year-olds as the worst drivers by number of accidents and deaths and such. They do this because when people turn 21(in the U.S.) they are now allowed to drink legally. So they drive home drunk and crash.

Though Teens are the most inexperienced, they are not the worst drivers. Though idiots like this give a bad rep for all teen drivers.
Because you HAVE to be 21 to drink....what a crock of shit.

(16-04-2012 03:04 AM)Filox Wrote:  Here in Croatia we have a law that prohibits young drivers (under 24 or 2 years of driving experience) to drive a car that has over 120 BHP. I think the law is great, but the problem is that people don't pay too much attention to it, nor does the police do anything about it. It is perfectly logical to limit young drivers, not give them 500 BHP car that goes like Space Shuttle...
Or just not make those vehicles? No one needs a car with 500 BHP...
Just like no one needs a full automatic rifle with extended magazine and a silencer.
No one needs: cable TV, smartphones, jewelry, toys, sports, baseball bats, pet rabbits... Can't legislate based on what you define as "need", you can only legislate to reduce harm. Most 500hp cars are owned by older men/women and aren't responsible for many crashes (as a %). What is? Unattentive driving, drunk driving, etc. You can drive 125mph in a car with 80hp Wink

Better without God, and happier too.