19-05-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: Teenage Atheists
(19-05-2012 11:27 AM)darthdambalah Wrote:  + i think i made a gramar mistake
No problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2012, 11:35 AM
(19-05-2012 11:20 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Religion, to me is a ilness. Like some dieses prevent other dieses, Religion can prevent some bad things, but it never really is a positive thing.

Religion at least has “action plan and action taken” to cure social illness: poverty, illiteracy, self-sufficiency, etc….

Atheism, in its definition, has no inherent “action plan” to cure social illness....

Precisely why I think, many people are still scared with “atheism”…unlike “humanism” , “humanitarianism”....
19-05-2012, 11:44 AM
(19-05-2012 11:35 AM)ahoy Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 11:20 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Religion, to me is a ilness. Like some dieses prevent other dieses, Religion can prevent some bad things, but it never really is a positive thing.

Religion at least has “action plan and action taken” to cure social illness: poverty, illiteracy, self-sufficiency, etc….

Atheism, in its definition, has no inherent “action plan” to cure social illness....

Precisely why I think, many people are still scared with “atheism”…unlike “humanism” , “humanitarianism”....

The main reason is that is apealing is because we want to be well off, but I think people also see that there is a plan for them in religion, while there is not for Atheism.
Humans may feel that Religion is better because it has all the answers, and atheism does not.
These were the types of problems I faced while deconverting.
19-05-2012, 11:44 AM
It's great to see the younger generations making the move.
Find other atheists that you can hang with. Strength in numbers.
We're starting a "Free Thinkers" club at my college this fall to support the young atheists.
There is a Catholic club, Christian club, Jewish club, Islamic club, etc. now.
We want to give the non-believers a place to go for support.
We've also been teaching "Philosophy of Religion" from an atheist perspective as an option.
We are on the move.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
19-05-2012, 11:51 AM
(19-05-2012 11:44 AM)Thomas Wrote:  It's great to see the younger generations making the move.
Find other atheists that you can hang with. Strength in numbers.
We're starting a "Free Thinkers" club at my college this fall to support the young atheists.
There is a Catholic club, Christian club, Jewish club, Islamic club, etc. now.
We want to give the non-believers a place to go for support.
We've also been teaching "Philosophy of Religion" from an atheist perspective as an option.
We are on the move.

As we should be... I am glad that people are doing something, but sad that I can't do anything.
19-05-2012, 11:57 AM
A to the theist. Sounds like a rap. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-05-2012, 12:00 PM
(19-05-2012 11:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A to the theist. Sounds like a rap. Big Grin

Hahahaha all the cool names were taken. This is all I could come up with Tongue
19-05-2012, 12:01 PM
(19-05-2012 12:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 11:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A to the theist. Sounds like a rap. Big Grin

Hahahaha all the cool names were taken. This is all I could come up with Tongue
Well, it's pretty cool. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-05-2012, 12:04 PM
(19-05-2012 12:01 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 12:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hahahaha all the cool names were taken. This is all I could come up with Tongue
Well, it's pretty cool. Thumbsup

Thanks, bro. Is there anything else you want to talk about?
19-05-2012, 12:11 PM
(19-05-2012 12:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Thanks, bro. Is there anything else you want to talk about?

Gwyneth Paltrow? Big Grin

Your sitch sux. My sitch was my ma telling everybody I shoulda been an abortion and the whole family blaming me for the break up of my parents. And I was born with a genetic disposition for insanity, childhood only reinforced the pattern. Now I and my family basically don't exist to each other.

Theism sux for that kinda crap. Peeps believing in a fairy tale over their own flesh and blood. It's disgusting. Family is supposed to be like Clan Cantor against the world, muah-ha-ha-ha! It ain't supposed to be Clan Cantor against itself. That's lame.