Teeth extraction sucks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Teeth extraction sucks
You're best waiting a few hours after eating or drinking before brushing. The wait gives the enamel some time to re harden.
Also dental pain is by a mile the most painful thing i have ever experienced, and I've had 2nd degree burns and id take that over dental pain any day.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 11:57 AM
(03-04-2012 11:53 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I've had 2nd degree burns and id take that over dental pain any day.
Shit dude!
What happened?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
03-04-2012, 12:20 PM
To sum it up for Scot.

Masturbate in stride.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
03-04-2012, 12:50 PM
*giving Observer some mashed potatoes with gravy and a tea*
get well

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
03-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Years ago I used to work in a kitchen of an Italian American style restaurant. I was walking passed the cooker which had been on for hours, slipped and my right arm landed on the cooker top only for a second, i ended up with both 1st and 2nd degree burns on part of my arm stretching from my elbow to the palm of my hand.
I still have a scar but its healed pretty well so is hard to see apart from a bit at my wrist.

I was really lucky because if i was a few feet further forward when it happened my arm would have been in the fryer.

If it had been on the cooker top a second longer the hospital told me i may have needed a skin graft.

But that pain is minor compared to tooth pain.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
03-04-2012, 01:00 PM
(03-04-2012 12:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Years ago I used to work in a kitchen of an Italian American style restaurant. I was walking passed the cooker which had been on for hours, slipped and my right arm landed on the cooker top only for a second, i ended up with both 1st and 2nd degree burns on part of my arm stretching from my elbow to the palm of my hand.
I still have a scar but its healed pretty well so is hard to see apart from a bit at my wrist.

I was really lucky because if i was a few feet further forward when it happened my arm would have been in the fryer.

If it had been on the cooker top a second longer the hospital told me i may have needed a skin graft.

But that pain is minor compared to tooth pain.
AWWWWWawwwawaw!
dang...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
(03-04-2012 11:29 AM)Observer Wrote:  Toothache is the pain of HELL Hobo

What the heck is wrong with your dentist ? Didn't they give you pain meds ? A couple Tylenol #3's, or #2's every 4 -6 h for the first day or two, post extraction should make you very comfortable. Take about 3 Aspirin also, (you can take them all together). Or take a few Ibuprofen. There is a time and place for drugs. Suffering for no reason is dumb. Unsure

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes, pain from problem teeth is distressing. it totally sucks arse Angry and to make it worse you have to pay out of your arse to make it stop! Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
04-04-2012, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 12:13 PM by Observer.)
(03-04-2012 07:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 11:29 AM)Observer Wrote:  Toothache is the pain of HELL Hobo

What the heck is wrong with your dentist ? Didn't they give you pain meds ? A couple Tylenol #3's, or #2's every 4 -6 h for the first day or two, post extraction should make you very comfortable. Take about 3 Aspirin also, (you can take them all together). Or take a few Ibuprofen. There is a time and place for drugs. Suffering for no reason is dumb. Unsure
Nothing. It’s not the treatment that hurts (apart from the exaction). It’s the two or three days wait before the treatment that’s hell.

I usually take two dafalgan-codeine. It helps for about an hour or so. But since you can only take 3 a day... do the math...

BTW.
I took Leela's advice and ate mashed potatoes, gravy and minced meat today. Food!!!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
04-04-2012, 07:47 PM
(04-04-2012 12:10 PM)Observer Wrote:  BTW.
I took Leela's advice and ate mashed potatoes, gravy and minced meat today. Food!!!

Oh..I didn't think of THAT. I have this theory that everyone needs their private small stash of antibiotics, for just that occasion .. waiting. I still think they could have made you more comfortable. Macaroni/pasta, rice, soups, ice cream, malts are good. I like her ideas though.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche