Telemarketers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Telemarketers
I got a phone call from some telemarketer today. We generally just let the answering machine screen them out, as most don't "leave a message after the beep". So, I was in a goofy mood, and I picked up the phone. The guy was going on about some (nonexistent) letter that he was following up on, about some "energy...something...something", etc. My wife and I had been talking a few weeks ago about how if a telemarketer called up, and if we wanted to have some fun, what would we do?. Frankly, the "Do Not Call List" is not working. So. Evil_monster I channeled myself into this old guy (not too far from the truth, since I was having a hard time keeping from laughing, plus I am actually OLD) with a quavery voice who wanted to know why they hadn't sent the money they promised in the letter they were talking about in the phone call. It took about 3 minutes before the guy finally gave up. My wife was laughing like crazy, sitting in the other room. Anybody ever do this? Ima do it every time the telemarketers call,from now on. Ima pick up every time! Again, Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
23-02-2016, 12:27 AM
RE: Telemarketers
I like the ones that have the "perfect investment" for me.

Wine importing was one that I enjoyed because the guy took a really long time to grasp the concept that making money without any effort is against my personal ethics.

He was a nice chap and was actually more interested, by the end of the conversation, in that point of view than in selling me anything.

Smile

23-02-2016, 12:40 AM
We keep getting phone calls from Windows security. Funny they call from all over the county. Consider

Anyway they say my Windows computer I don't own is being hacked by the interwebs.

I try to tell them I use a Mac, and I'm talking on my iPhone. They ignore this slice of life and insist that I go to my Windows computer.

This goes round and round until I say you want me to go to my window? They say yes madam go to your window.
So, they tell me to go to some web address...so I tap on the window.

They say I didn't go to the right website. They said I have erase what I already typed so I tell them I have to get the windex. To erase the fingerprints off the window.

Then they say, "madam why are you lying to me today."

I always reply, "I don't know why are you being a dick trying to get me to go to a website when I've already said repeatedly I don't own a Windows computer and the only Windows in my house are the ones I look out of."

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2016, 01:20 AM
I don't get telemarketing calls.
23-02-2016, 01:30 AM
I just say that I'm not interested and then hang up. But they rarely call so it's SMS which are the real issue considering how idiotic they are.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-02-2016, 04:37 AM
My standard response --

"Thanks for calling - but my time is money. At this point forward, you will be charged $22 dollars a minute for using my time. By continuing this conversation you are agreeing to these terms. Please give me your name and billing address at the beep" - (press any key on phone)

I've yet to have one stay on the line or call back......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-02-2016, 06:21 AM
I was a Telemarketer for every long time. I will tell you it's not the person that you are talking too that dials or have any idea who they will be talking to. The name pops up on the screen and you have to read it and say it at the same time. And believe me when I say we used to get very upset when they would make us go through the same calling lists. It didn't help us at all in fact it hurts us more. And when we put you on the do not call list we do it from our computer and I will tell you that most ignore that for the first 3 times. Its not cool and we used to gripe about that all the time. And we have a script we have to read and if er don't rebuttle like they want you to you get in trouble.

But it was a job and I needed that job. I was a single parent and it was the only job that I could get that would work with me with the hours and me being a mom. So please the next time you want to have fun with a telemarketer remember most of it is not their fault and all they are trying to do is support their families like everyone else.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
23-02-2016, 07:39 AM
I have never been a telemarketer BUT if I had to feed my child and that was the only job available to me I would do it. Don't get me wrong, I do not listen to them. Not one bit, I interrupt them and I say please take me off your list and then I hang up immediately. BUT... I am not mean or disrespectful to them as a person. To me, it's like being mean to the checker at Walmart. It's a suckass job but when you're hungry or your children are hungry and it's all you can get, you do it. Why would you be mean to someone who's forced to do a job that you wouldn't do unless you were starving?

No one says, "I want to grow up and be a telemarketer someday." I would not want to be responsible for making someone's suckass job even worse, just to get my meanie rocks off. It's like bullying the victim. Just hang up and go on. Be thankful it's not you. (end rant)

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
23-02-2016, 07:52 AM
(23-02-2016 01:20 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I don't get telemarketing calls.

Same here. I live in a decent country so I never get them.
The most I get is if I phone my bank they'll sometimes ask me if I wanna do a survey to tell them my experience with their customer service.
23-02-2016, 09:17 AM
I don't usually answer numbers that I don't recognize.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.