Telemarketers/Unknown Callers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 05:39 PM
So my cell phone has been receiving strange calls from weird numbers for going on two or three weeks. I don't answer them because they're usually from weird places. I have an Iphone that registers the area code and tells me where the incoming call is from. I've gotten calls from far Georgia, Utah, Texas, California, Kansas, Florida, Arizona, Maine and New York. I also get some labeled Unknown. Today I got a call from Ontario, Canada.

FUCKING. CANANDA. O.K.

I really just want these calls to stop, but I don't want to go to the extent of changing my number. Do I absolutely have to? I can't very well choose to block every single number because there are literally a shit ton.

Bechased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: Telemarketers/Unknown Callers
Check with your provider. They should be able to tell you if there is a way to stop them on your phone.

As for telemarketers...I turned the damn ringer off on the phone in the house, I deal with enough cold calls at work. They call my number, then the fax rings, then they call the main number...they don't take NO for an answer.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-07-2013, 05:43 PM
(12-07-2013 05:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So my cell phone has been receiving strange calls from weird numbers for going on two or three weeks. I don't answer them because they're usually from weird places. I have an Iphone that registers the area code and tells me where the incoming call is from. I've gotten calls from far Georgia, Utah, Texas, California, Kansas, Florida, Arizona, Maine and New York. I also get some labeled Unknown. Today I got a call from Ontario, Canada.

FUCKING. CANANDA. O.K.

I really just want these calls to stop, but I don't want to go to the extent of changing my number. Do I absolutely have to? I can't very well choose to block every single number because there are literally a shit ton.

Bechased

Did you put your number into any websites that said you'd won a free ipad for being the one millionth visitor? Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
12-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Oh, also go online and sign up on the "Do Not Call" list...it isn't perfect but it does help for a while.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-07-2013, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 05:53 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
I attach to each wrong number a silent ring tone. (I get a lot too). After a while it stopped. Well, I still get them, but I don't hear them at all.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Send in Tom Mabe. He's made a fortune screwing with Telemarketers

This is one of the best. He's screwing with a guy who's attending a telemarketing convention early in the morning. The best thing: The guy never gets the irony that he's a telemarketer who's annoyed with having someone call him at all hours of the day harranging him.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
12-07-2013, 06:25 PM
I told you not to give Hughsie your number. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-07-2013, 06:46 PM
(12-07-2013 05:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Today I got a call from Ontario, Canada.

FUCKING. CANANDA. O.K.

Damnit Ferdy that was me!

Why didn't you answer... ?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
12-07-2013, 07:09 PM
(12-07-2013 05:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I attach to each wrong number a silent ring tone. (I get a lot too). After a while it stopped. Well, I still get them, but I don't hear them at all.

That is brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? Seems like I should have. Bowing

15-07-2013, 02:10 AM
This is why you have to be careful not to leave your phone number anywhere and also, you need to check is your number listed in the public phone records, if it is, you switch that shit off.

If everything fails, you can always do a Jerry Seinfeld...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson