Telemarketers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: Telemarketers
(23-02-2016 01:20 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I don't get telemarketing calls.

Another reason why you live in a great country, Nishi.

We've been getting political survey calls lately. My husband will do them but I just hang up. Legally the survey callers have to disclose who is sponsoring the call but most of the telemarketers don't even know.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2016, 10:31 AM
(23-02-2016 09:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

We've been getting political survey calls lately. My husband will do them but I just hang up. Legally the survey callers have to disclose who is sponsoring the call but most of the telemarketers don't even know.

Thy can't tell from the questions?

"Sir/Madam, why do think that the other stupid losers have no chance against the intelligent, sexy, patently superior and the future leader of the free world <insert name of sponsor>".

Dodgy

23-02-2016, 10:36 AM
(22-02-2016 11:14 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I got a phone call from some telemarketer today. We generally just let the answering machine screen them out, as most don't "leave a message after the beep". So, I was in a goofy mood, and I picked up the phone. The guy was going on about some (nonexistent) letter that he was following up on, about some "energy...something...something", etc. My wife and I had been talking a few weeks ago about how if a telemarketer called up, and if we wanted to have some fun, what would we do?. Frankly, the "Do Not Call List" is not working. So. Evil_monster I channeled myself into this old guy (not too far from the truth, since I was having a hard time keeping from laughing, plus I am actually OLD) with a quavery voice who wanted to know why they hadn't sent the money they promised in the letter they were talking about in the phone call. It took about 3 minutes before the guy finally gave up. My wife was laughing like crazy, sitting in the other room. Anybody ever do this? Ima do it every time the telemarketers call,from now on. Ima pick up every time! Again, Evil_monster

Just remember - telemarketers are people too, with feelings and bills to pay and mouths to feed. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
23-02-2016, 10:44 AM
I have a standard response:

"I do not respond to telephone or door-to-door solicitation because I consider it an invasion of privacy. You may send me information by mail. Goodbye." click

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
23-02-2016, 11:48 AM
I am polite but I quickly decline to talk to them with one exception. The ones I like are the tax fraud people who call up and tell me the cops are on the way to arrest me or the IRS is filing a tax lien and I can avoid that trouble by giving them a payment on my credit card. I always tell them that we know it is a scam, we have already found their location using GPS, and one of my associates is on his way over to kill them. I'm sure that doesn't scare them much but if I can keep them looking over their shoulder for a short time, it's worth it.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
23-02-2016, 12:54 PM
The regular telemarketers, I am not rude to...although I am on the 'do not call list" I just get off the phone quickly. It is the scammer callers who piss me off, and I have fun playing with them- the "windows support" people, and the like. They know their job is to rip people off so they are fair game to me.
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
23-02-2016, 01:15 PM
(23-02-2016 09:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

It's a thing in Denmark too. I'm just not listed so they don't have my number.
23-02-2016, 01:39 PM
(23-02-2016 10:36 AM)TheBear Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 11:14 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I got a phone call from some telemarketer today. We generally just let the answering machine screen them out, as most don't "leave a message after the beep". So, I was in a goofy mood, and I picked up the phone. The guy was going on about some (nonexistent) letter that he was following up on, about some "energy...something...something", etc. My wife and I had been talking a few weeks ago about how if a telemarketer called up, and if we wanted to have some fun, what would we do?. Frankly, the "Do Not Call List" is not working. So. Evil_monster I channeled myself into this old guy (not too far from the truth, since I was having a hard time keeping from laughing, plus I am actually OLD) with a quavery voice who wanted to know why they hadn't sent the money they promised in the letter they were talking about in the phone call. It took about 3 minutes before the guy finally gave up. My wife was laughing like crazy, sitting in the other room. Anybody ever do this? Ima do it every time the telemarketers call,from now on. Ima pick up every time! Again, Evil_monster

Just remember - telemarketers are people too, with feelings and bills to pay and mouths to feed. Drinking Beverage

So are bank robbers. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-02-2016, 02:12 PM
(23-02-2016 01:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 10:36 AM)TheBear Wrote:  Just remember - telemarketers are people too, with feelings and bills to pay and mouths to feed. Drinking Beverage

So are bank robbers. Drinking Beverage

I call BS! Bank robbers are thieves, criminals. Telemarketers are doing a legal job and may be annoying but are not criminals. Your comparison is a load of crap.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
23-02-2016, 02:59 PM
(23-02-2016 02:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 01:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  So are bank robbers. Drinking Beverage

I call BS! Bank robbers are thieves, criminals. Telemarketers are doing a legal job and may be annoying but are not criminals. Your comparison is a load of crap.

Sorry I hit a nerve, but it was humor. Facepalm

How about "So are used-car salesmen"?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post