Telemarketers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Telemarketers
(23-02-2016 02:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 02:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I call BS! Bank robbers are thieves, criminals. Telemarketers are doing a legal job and may be annoying but are not criminals. Your comparison is a load of crap.

Sorry I hit a nerve, but it was humor. Facepalm

How about "So are used-car salesmen"?

Nope, no nerve, I just dislike unjust accusations.

"used car salesperson" is a like comparison, they also are annoyingly persistent. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
23-02-2016, 03:35 PM
(23-02-2016 03:28 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 02:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sorry I hit a nerve, but it was humor. Facepalm

How about "So are used-car salesmen"?

Nope, no nerve, I just dislike unjust accusations.

"used car salesperson" is a like comparison, they also are annoyingly persistent. Smile

Fair enough. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-02-2016, 04:26 PM
(23-02-2016 02:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 01:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  So are bank robbers. Drinking Beverage

I call BS! Bank robbers are thieves, criminals. Telemarketers are doing a legal job and may be annoying but are not criminals. Your comparison is a load of crap.

The "Windows" people always calling me don't work for Microsoft. They want me to go to a website to try to get me to believe that my computer is loaded with viruses that they'll remove $299.95.

Just about the same as the telemarketors that start off saying I've won a dream vacation cruise that I'll eventually have to pay for myself.

I told one once, send me the tickets and vouchers for my free cruise, then I'll think about buying your product -- after I return home.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2016, 05:40 PM
(23-02-2016 12:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We keep getting phone calls from Windows security. Funny they call from all over the county. Consider

Anyway they say my Windows computer I don't own is being hacked by the interwebs.

I try to tell them I use a Mac, and I'm talking on my iPhone. They ignore this slice of life and insist that I go to my Windows computer.

This goes round and round until I say you want me to go to my window? They say yes madam go to your window.
So, they tell me to go to some web address...so I tap on the window.

They say I didn't go to the right website. They said I have erase what I already typed so I tell them I have to get the windex. To erase the fingerprints off the window.

Then they say, "madam why are you lying to me today."

I always reply, "I don't know why are you being a dick trying to get me to go to a website when I've already said repeatedly I don't own a Windows computer and the only Windows in my house are the ones I look out of."

Why did you send them to me??????

I got a call on my iPhone yesterday while I was at work. I don't answer numbers I don't know when I am at work. I plugged the number into Google and found out it was from the scammers you describe.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-02-2016, 06:30 PM
I'll tell you a story. My first week on the job I got this guy that started telling me how much he missed his mommy and that he was going to kill himself. It was very dramatic I couldn't tell if he was messing with me or if it was real. So I called the police to let them know what happened. Let's just say someone was very embarrassed! Lol

I have lots of stories, from this one to someone saying how they are going to kill their son in law to funny ones like the techno almish guy. This is just the tip.
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
23-02-2016, 09:37 PM
(23-02-2016 04:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-02-2016 02:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I call BS! Bank robbers are thieves, criminals. Telemarketers are doing a legal job and may be annoying but are not criminals. Your comparison is a load of crap.

The "Windows" people always calling me don't work for Microsoft. They want me to go to a website to try to get me to believe that my computer is loaded with viruses that they'll remove $299.95.

Just about the same as the telemarketors that start off saying I've won a dream vacation cruise that I'll eventually have to pay for myself.

I told one once, send me the tickets and vouchers for my free cruise, then I'll think about buying your product -- after I return home.

Yes but they are not telemarketers, they are scammers using telemarketing techniques.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
23-02-2016, 09:47 PM
I figure these people likely have my address and little to nothing to lose. That's never a good combination when wanting to be a dick to someone.

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
23-02-2016, 09:51 PM
I used to do some calling for The Royal Guide Dog Association for the Blind or something like that when I lived in Australia. We werent trying to sell anything, just see if people wanted to get some raffle tickets to sell to people to raise money. People treat you like shit. They really do, I've had so many horrible things said to me over the phone. Lol

There was one guy that said my accent was hot and would only take some raffle tickets to sell if I were the prize! Haha! That was a fun day.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
23-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing it again.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-02-2016, 12:27 PM
(23-02-2016 09:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  We werent trying to sell anything, just see if people wanted to buy some raffle tickets to sell to people to raise money.

Fixed your sentence for you. LOL

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris