Tell Me About Your "-ism"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 09:58 PM
RE: Tell Me About Your "-ism"
(19-02-2012 09:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 05:41 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 05:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 05:25 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  I've never so fully enjoyed participating in a thread derail. Wonder what my penance will be, or is it waived since I'm the thread author? Tongue

I'm sure Erx can think of something Big Grin

Uhhh......yeah...ah......ummm......oh, look at the time! Gotta' take a shower, yeah, that's it....oh, the hot water's run out? No worries, don't need it....uh, bye now! *nervous chuckle*

(19-02-2012 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 05:25 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  I've never so fully enjoyed participating in a thread derail. Wonder what my penance will be, or is it waived since I'm the thread author? Tongue

Your penance is tolerating the inevitable thread derailments you will invariably encounter and learn to enjoy here. Wink

I think I'll see what Erx has in mind. ...... Ya' know, just to be fair....um, yeah, ya' know, hear everyone out, yeah.

I'm out of practice, sadly in more ways than one, but perhaps you ought to start by stepping into Pastor Erxomai's Study so you can get down on your knees and, ahem, pray for forgiveness for being such a naughty girl. Big Grin
Exclamation Blush Who, me? Naughty? Angel Bless me, father, for I have sinned? Wink

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
19-02-2012, 10:23 PM
By having a child I have participated in masochism! Big Grin
A lot of people I've met practice dickheadism but it doesn't really appeal to me!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
19-02-2012, 10:26 PM
(19-02-2012 11:12 AM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  So....does your '-ism' help you connect to self, life, others? How? And for the atheists especially, can this be comfortably interpreted as spirituality?

My "athe-ism" does not help me connect to others, except in forums like this one. It does serve to give me a self-identity and gives my morality a framework (because the "human-ism" came with it). But it would not be considered spirituality in my case. There simply isn't a spirit in my beliefs by any definition of the term.

There are atheists (such as Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris) that see the beauty in nature and feel "spiritual" through the experience... but I don't. I just don't see much value in beauty or art or meditation, and I couldn't give a shit about transcendence. None of these things actually make my life easier or "better" in any metric that I'm aware of.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2012, 11:47 PM
(19-02-2012 09:58 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 09:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 05:41 PM)ValerieAnn1975 Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 05:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  

I'm sure Erx can think of something Big Grin

Uhhh......yeah...ah......ummm......oh, look at the time! Gotta' take a shower, yeah, that's it....oh, the hot water's run out? No worries, don't need it....uh, bye now! *nervous chuckle*

(19-02-2012 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Your penance is tolerating the inevitable thread derailments you will invariably encounter and learn to enjoy here. Wink

I think I'll see what Erx has in mind. ...... Ya' know, just to be fair....um, yeah, ya' know, hear everyone out, yeah.

I'm out of practice, sadly in more ways than one, but perhaps you ought to start by stepping into Pastor Erxomai's Study so you can get down on your knees and, ahem, pray for forgiveness for being such a naughty girl. Big Grin
Exclamation Blush Who, me? Naughty? Angel Bless me, father, for I have sinned? Wink

The Lord says, "Spare the rod, spoil the child"...Looks someone needs Reverend Erxomai to take the rod to her! Cool

I guess my -ism really does help me connect with others! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user