Tell Me If I'm Wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Tell Me If I'm Wrong
Well I was tasked with saying the Pledge of Allegiance in my school over the intercom. I said the original pledge (the one before it was changed to counter Russians). I said the pledge w/o the words Under God in it. People said I was being offensive. I don't believe so. Do you think I did the right thing?

I would give a f#@k, but I'm afraid to alert you that I am celibate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shameless's post
05-05-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Tell Me If I'm Wrong
(05-05-2014 07:24 PM)Shameless Wrote:  Well I was tasked with saying the Pledge of Allegiance in my school over the intercom. I said the original pledge (the one before it was changed to counter Russians). I said the pledge w/o the words Under God in it. People said I was being offensive. I don't believe so. Do you think I did the right thing?

I think being forced to say a pledge of allegiance is wrong all together...

But if you are going to have to say it, you may as well say the real Pledge. Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
05-05-2014, 07:48 PM
(05-05-2014 07:24 PM)Shameless Wrote:  Well I was tasked with saying the Pledge of Allegiance in my school over the intercom. I said the original pledge (the one before it was changed to counter Russians). I said the pledge w/o the words Under God in it. People said I was being offensive. I don't believe so. Do you think I did the right thing?

Offensive = Stop thinking for yourself. Consider

You not only did the right thing, in my opinion, that was also quite brave. My son caught a lot of crap because he refused to stand for the pledge in high school. You are not alone in this. Hug

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 7 users Like CindysRain's post
05-05-2014, 09:28 PM
In high school I always stood for the pledge out of respect, but never spoke it.

Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples.
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
05-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Tell them to take it up with Thomas Jefferson... Drinking Beverage

[N]o man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burdened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer, on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.
-- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom (1779), quoted from Merrill D Peterson, ed, Thomas Jefferson: Writings (1984), p. 347

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-05-2014, 02:20 AM
Thanks guys, I felt like I was doing the right thing despite all the heat I got from it.

I would give a f#@k, but I'm afraid to alert you that I am celibate.
06-05-2014, 03:06 AM
Being offended is *their* problem, not yours.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
06-05-2014, 03:13 AM
(05-05-2014 07:24 PM)Shameless Wrote:  Do you think I did the right thing?

It's impossible for a human to do the right thing.

Drinking Beverage
06-05-2014, 03:22 AM
(06-05-2014 03:13 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 07:24 PM)Shameless Wrote:  Do you think I did the right thing?

It's impossible for a human to do the right thing.

Yeah, the door is over there... Drinking Beverage

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-05-2014, 03:25 AM
(06-05-2014 03:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 03:13 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  It's impossible for a human to do the right thing.

Yeah, the door is over there... Drinking Beverage

I think I'm here because I want to be proven wrong on my views. So far, I have not seen a good argument against them.

Drinking Beverage