Tell Me If I'm Wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 05:16 AM by Mathilda.)
RE: Tell Me If I'm Wrong
(06-05-2014 02:20 AM)Shameless Wrote:  Thanks guys, I felt like I was doing the right thing despite all the heat I got from it.

There's this idea of a cool rebel who defies authority and has the respect of their teenage peers who don't have any responsibilities and have everything handed to them by a system that relies on authority for making it work.

The true rebels are the free thinkers that can stand up to peer pressure and try to change the system for the better.

Good on you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
06-05-2014, 03:48 AM
(06-05-2014 03:13 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 07:24 PM)Shameless Wrote:  Do you think I did the right thing?

It's impossible for a human to do the right thing.

That depends on who decides what the right thing is.

"The right thing" is subjective.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
06-05-2014, 04:42 AM
(06-05-2014 03:25 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 03:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, the door is over there... Drinking Beverage

I think I'm here because I want to be proven wrong on my views. So far, I have not seen a good argument against them.

No. No you don't. You have made that explicitly clear; you are just here because you want to project your own (I suspect feigned) 'self hatred' around.

You do a major disservice to people who do actually suffer from depression, low self-esteem and other such problems.

If you're legit, go get help and leave us be, otherwise just leave us be.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 9 users Like Free Thought's post
06-05-2014, 06:05 AM
(06-05-2014 03:25 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 03:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, the door is over there... Drinking Beverage

I think I'm here because I want to be proven wrong on my views. So far, I have not seen a good argument against them.

Give a reasoned argument, not an empty assertion fucktard... Drinking Beverage

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-05-2014, 08:26 AM
(05-05-2014 07:24 PM)Shameless Wrote:  Well I was tasked with saying the Pledge of Allegiance in my school over the intercom. I said the original pledge (the one before it was changed to counter Russians). I said the pledge w/o the words Under God in it. People said I was being offensive. I don't believe so. Do you think I did the right thing?
Great job! Thumbsup
It's telling that atheists never seem to be on their radar for who is being offended. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
06-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Can someone explain to a foreigner such as me what the purpose is of making pupils at school recite the pledge of allegiance on a regular basis?
06-05-2014, 08:31 AM
It's a ritual. They also believe in some areas that the idea of patriotism and citizenship are served by saying the pledge of allegiance.
06-05-2014, 08:33 AM
(06-05-2014 08:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Can someone explain to a foreigner such as me what the purpose is of making pupils at school recite the pledge of allegiance on a regular basis?

In a nutshell, it's supposed to increase and maintain a feeling of patriotism. It was implemented at a time when patriotism seemed low and has been continued ever since.

Here's more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
06-05-2014, 08:37 AM
I can't help thinking that it's a form of social conditioning, much like making Muslims pray five times a day. I'm not passing judgement here, just curious. After all, ever country benefits from social cohesion and Americans often strike me as quite a patriotic bunch. I wonder if the wide spread practice of pledging allegiance at school is part of the reason.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
06-05-2014, 08:42 AM
(06-05-2014 08:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I can't help thinking that it's a form of social conditioning, much like making Muslims pray five times a day. I'm not passing judgement here, just curious. After all, ever country benefits from social cohesion and Americans often strike me as quite a patriotic bunch. I wonder if the wide spread practice of pledging allegiance at school is part of the reason.
I think it contributes. Clearly, it's indoctrination of the young and admittedly the same principle that religion uses.

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post