Tell Me If I'm Wrong

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 09:38 AM
RE: Tell Me If I'm Wrong
The idea of a child making a plegde to the state in school just reminds me of the darkest days in our countries history.

Is there any other democracy besides the US where this is conducted?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
07-05-2014, 11:47 AM
RE: Tell Me If I'm Wrong
(07-05-2014 09:38 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The idea of a child making a plegde to the state in school just reminds me of the darkest days in our countries history.

Is there any other democracy besides the US where this is conducted?

You aren't the only one that thinks things like that.

The american public's unquestioning support for the government is horrifying to the point of apologetics. So many are so convinced of the state's benevolence that even when faced with the horrible things that this government has done, they make excuses or brush it off like it didn't happen.

I've heard the internment of Japanese citizens written off as "necessary" for security. The Tuskegee experiments were "just a few rogues" who were misguided. And more recently, that the NSA really does have our best interests at heart while going through our personal lives.

It's sickening, really, that people can be so blind to history and the evils of what a powerful government is capable of. So much so, that they claim that things that HAVE happened here could never happen here.

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply