Tell it like it is.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2011, 01:28 PM
RE: Tell it like it is.
Dammit, it sure is hard not to respond! LOL

The other thing I like about this (and that includes when my wife and I do the same type of thing) is that it is good to practice self restraint, especially when you feel like "defending yourself". Thanks for everyone who has taken part so far!

Hugs,
You piss me off because it's hard to find something about you that pisses me off. (seriously)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't suppose I feel like I know anyone on this forum enough to be able to say what I do or don't like about someone. For the most part I find myself agreeing with Stark on most matters. The number of stars you have pisses me off though...I want more stars!!!

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Am I the only one here who finds things to criticize?

This peeve, again, is not about one specific person but many: Some of the names people pick for themselves are bloody difficult to remember (or even pronounce) -- sometime compound names put together from 20-30 words from the dictionary, often mixed with 10-20 digit numbers.

On the other hand, 'Zatamon' is easy to pronounce and who has not read the famous Hungarian novel (in Hungarian. of course) in which Zatamon was the doctor in a mental institution?

See what I mean?

This is it for now, I may pick on yous later if things get too mushy around here. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 01:45 PM
(08-11-2011 01:28 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Dammit, it sure is hard not to respond! LOL

The other thing I like about this (and that includes when my wife and I do the same type of thing) is that it is good to practice self restraint, especially when you feel like "defending yourself". Thanks for everyone who has taken part so far!

Hugs,
You piss me off because it's hard to find something about you that pisses me off. (seriously)

I'm not going to defend you as per the rule but I will expand on my own criticism.

I criticised Stark for not responding to something I posted in the Forum Team Management section. In all fairness I did get a very prompt PM explaining that he'd not noticed the thread along with an apology and a response to my post.

Like I said, not a defence, just clarification on the comment.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-11-2011, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 04:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-11-2011 02:47 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I had a thought. I am curious what it is about me that pisses you off. So tell it like it is. ... I figured since I am the admin, I'd open the floor and volunteer myself up for sacrifice.

You gave in to public pressure and banned Parture even though he would've been a temporary nuisance gone soon enough of his own accord if we'd just stopped engaging him. Didn't really piss me off, just think it tarnished your otherwise impeccable "no censorship" record.

(08-11-2011 01:40 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Am I the only one here who finds things to criticize?

Sometimes I think you might be a tad too keen to criticize, my friend Zatamon. Especially over shit that really don't mean nothing. Wink

And no, GirlyMan does not give permission to say what it is about GirlyMan that pisses you off. GirlyMan is still working on what pisses GirlyMan off about GirlyMan and doesn't require additional input at this time. It would just further confuse and distract me.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Stark: I have no complaints about you.

Zatamon: in threads you behave (and often reason) like a child. Sorry, but you asked.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
08-11-2011, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 04:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-11-2011 02:34 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 01:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sometimes I think you might be a tad too keen to criticize, my friend Zatamon. Especially over shit that really don't mean nothing. Wink

Only when it don't mean nothing... Big Grin

Hey, that's too damn close to a defense. Rule violation. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
(08-11-2011 04:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 01:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sometimes I think you might be a tad too keen to criticize, my friend Zatamon. Especially over shit that really don't mean nothing. Wink

I agree!!!

Man, I been looking for a reason to delete someones post for months!!!!! PLUS I get to delete one of Zats of all people!!!

MUWAHAHAHA

08-11-2011, 04:52 PM

(08-11-2011 04:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 04:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I agree!!!

Man, I been looking for a reason to delete someones post for months!!!!! PLUS I get to delete one of Zats of all people!!!

MUWAHAHAHA

Mea Culpa!!!

Sad
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 05:03 PM
(08-11-2011 04:52 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Mea Culpa!!!

Sad

Bah, it was really just an excuse to "moderate" something (hence my leaving the quote up so everyone could go back and read it anyways Wink) since Ive been getting too many compliments lately about my style of moderation. (I am, after all "amoderationist")