Tell me why you are voting for Obama.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 08:18 AM by germanyt.)
Tell me why you are voting for Obama.
If you don't mind. I'd like to hear why if you are up for it. I'll reserved my critiques of Obama and your post for later in the thread so it doesn't influence the opinion of a later poster or derail the thread.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2012, 08:17 AM
RE: Tell me why you are voting for Obama.
I like his hair.
And he's not one of the three GOP front-runners.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-03-2012, 08:19 AM
(22-03-2012 08:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I like his hair.

Notice how grey he's gotten in the past 4 years?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
22-03-2012, 08:28 AM
(22-03-2012 08:19 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(22-03-2012 08:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I like his hair.

Notice how grey he's gotten in the past 4 years?

I think it's happened to most of the presidents, except for Ronnie. His hair always seemed to get darker and thicker the longer he stayed in office. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-03-2012, 10:46 AM

He HAS made strides with the 2 bogus wars with drawdowns and time tables.
His admin GREEN lighted Seal Team 6 to get the job done where as the previous 'stood down' at Tora Bora.
His policy's ARE effecting employment in GARGANTUAN ways (employment is my day job, btw)
He's REALLY kept religion out of MOST of the nonsense.
He at least recognizes NAFTA needed to be retooled.
He's NOT an Ex Preacher
His Religious beliefs are quiet and somewhat sane. Unlike the Extreme Santorum or the Bizarre Romney.
I dont see him getting us into a war with any other Persian Nation (Iraq, Syria or pick an Arab state).

Honestly, he's still the best of the bad bunch.
Paul is not a threat, he's unelectable. So if Mitt's his competition, I'll murmer on my way to the polls and vote obama. If Santorum, Gingrich or Palin is associated with a ticket I'll LOUDLY volunteer for Obama's team.

Obama is not great, but the choices we have before us...we can CLEARLY do MUCH worse.

On the bad side, Obama gave us "Indefinite Detention" WTF??
He's green lighted The Patriot Act, NCLB and other Bush W policies. Which is WHY i call him O'Bush. (Did Barbara know she had another son?).

Do i LOVE obama? No. But sadly he is the best of a bunch of bad choices.

I've voted Republican more than Democrats as presidents, but that may change if the GOP does not get its head out of its ass.

Truth be told, i wish Obama was as Evil Liberal as were were THREATENED he would be by Faux Noise and all the GOP talking heads. He's simply not that liberal, all told. I thought he was gonna be Pelosi's sock puppet. Nope! Did not happen.

I WOULD like to see Hilary and Biden switch places though.........make an interesting election cycle.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Denicio's post
22-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I've got a number of reasons why I prefer him over the GOP candidates. I'll say up front that I don't like everything about Obama's last few years- but I prefer it to what I think another republican would do, even Ron Paul.
  • Health care- Obama has done what needed to be done since Nixon sold us out on private health care: taken on reform. I don't like everything about the plan, but I like a lot of it. I would have preferred universal health care but I'm all for someone who finally took on the unpopular task for reforming and pushing to provide support for those who need it the most.
  • Economy- despite what Republicans wanted to be able to say right now, the economy is getting better. It's a slow and gradual growth, but it's there. And I seriously doubt conservative policies would do any better. I think that they would simply make things more uncertain at best. At worst they would be completely unwilling to compromise on any agenda, even economic.
  • Only "center" candidate- I'm not the first nor the only one to say this, but the right has been pulling the "center" further to the right as the extreme right pulls the republican part with them. This is for both economic and social issues.
  • Women's liberties- not only does Obama uphold and push for more women's liberties, he is NOT a part of the party actively fighting to destroy women's liberties by making abortions more difficult and humiliating, threatening to remove or reduce the ability of women to use contraception and family planning programs, and he's not also condoning or promoting the despicable behavior of Rush Limbaugh and others like him.
  • Clean energy investment- our country provides amazing benefits and support for the oil industry and Obama has continued this as part of his energy plan. We're drilling more in the US than ever before. While I don't like that, he's also investing in clean energy- which is a necessity if we're ever going to make a break from fossil fuels. Clean energy will need government support if it's ever to take off and be competitive.
  • Consumer protection - credit card bill of rights and other consumer protection laws were desperately needed from scammers, predatory bank lending, etc.
  • Ended the war in Iraq- speaks for itself. This needed to be done, we couldn't afford this war and we can't afford Afghanistan either. He has a plan for withdrawal from Afghanistan as well.
  • Repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell- about freaking time.

There are more reasons, but those are all I can think of right now.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
22-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I really do give him credit on the don't ask don't tell repeal. Also when I seriously needed food stamps he had made it easier to get them. And besides that I can now have a legal female passport even if I'm not legally female in missouri. As far as my issues I would definitely pick someone who has helped in many ways as opposed to people who vehemently claim their plans to hinder me.

I vote 3rd party though, because I always feel the most important thing to happen in an election no is for a non r/d candidate to at least reach second in a few states so that they get actual air time. The US really has to break thi two party stranglehold because there never seem to be any actual candidates.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-03-2012, 12:43 PM
(22-03-2012 10:46 AM)Denicio Wrote:  He HAS made strides with the 2 bogus wars with drawdowns and time tables.
His admin GREEN lighted Seal Team 6 to get the job done where as the previous 'stood down' at Tora Bora.
His policy's ARE effecting employment in GARGANTUAN ways (employment is my day job, btw)
He's REALLY kept religion out of MOST of the nonsense.
He at least recognizes NAFTA needed to be retooled.
He's NOT an Ex Preacher
His Religious beliefs are quiet and somewhat sane. Unlike the Extreme Santorum or the Bizarre Romney.
I dont see him getting us into a war with any other Persian Nation (Iraq, Syria or pick an Arab state).

Honestly, he's still the best of the bad bunch.
Paul is not a threat, he's unelectable. So if Mitt's his competition, I'll murmer on my way to the polls and vote obama. If Santorum, Gingrich or Palin is associated with a ticket I'll LOUDLY volunteer for Obama's team.

Obama is not great, but the choices we have before us...we can CLEARLY do MUCH worse.

On the bad side, Obama gave us "Indefinite Detention" WTF??
He's green lighted The Patriot Act, NCLB and other Bush W policies. Which is WHY i call him O'Bush. (Did Barbara know she had another son?).

Do i LOVE obama? No. But sadly he is the best of a bunch of bad choices.

I've voted Republican more than Democrats as presidents, but that may change if the GOP does not get its head out of its ass.

Truth be told, i wish Obama was as Evil Liberal as were were THREATENED he would be by Faux Noise and all the GOP talking heads. He's simply not that liberal, all told. I thought he was gonna be Pelosi's sock puppet. Nope! Did not happen.

I WOULD like to see Hilary and Biden switch places though.........make an interesting election cycle.

Quality post. I am impress.

-Mark Twain
22-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Kineo, whats your opinion of the economy going to be when nobama cant borrow 6 trillion more to prop it up even more. Any strength you see is a fairytale.he spent 6 trillion in borrowed money and we still have over 8% unemployment. its amazing how brainwashed and stupid the people in this society are. The minute we cant borrow money anymore and we have to print all of it, you will see this economy collapse. its phony like obama.
22-03-2012, 01:04 PM
(22-03-2012 12:59 PM)satan69 Wrote:  Kineo, whats your opinion of the economy going to be when nobama cant borrow 6 trillion more to prop it up even more. Any strength you see is a fairytale.he spent 6 trillion in borrowed money and we still have over 8% unemployment. its amazing how brainwashed and stupid the people in this society are. The minute we cant borrow money anymore and we have to print all of it, you will see this economy collapse. its phony like obama.

I'm not going to engage you until you drop the "brainwashed and stupid" shit. I can say the same about you and it doesn't help either of our arguments.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  hows President Hussein Obama doin? Wicked Clown 32 389 16-08-2014 01:46 PM
Last Post: Res Publica
  Voting Tips Punk Pumpkin 23 283 08-08-2014 01:01 PM
Last Post: Luminon
Thumbs Up Obama Wins "Lie of the Year" Award Can_of_Beans 24 688 19-12-2013 03:58 PM
Last Post: Chas
  The Case for Voting Democrat Ryanshidyak 38 783 04-12-2013 12:53 PM
Last Post: frankksj
  Obama being flamed for Egypt. Why? PatThePoltergeist 26 809 18-08-2013 04:27 AM
Last Post: Juv
  Why did Jews have race fueled hatred for Obama I and I 5 280 28-07-2013 06:06 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  They're applauding Obama at the memorial ceremony for the Boston tragedy TrainWreck 26 1,017 24-04-2013 05:02 PM
Last Post: bbeljefe