Tell me your definition atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 07:51 AM
RE: Tell me your definition atheism
Paul Linfor....... isnt that some kind of smelly cheese ? Cool

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2014, 12:26 PM
(20-05-2014 07:51 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Paul Linfor....... isnt that some kind of smelly cheese ? Cool

I actually was not aware. I did not know cheese could be atheist. Thank you for letting me know.
20-05-2014, 01:38 PM
(20-05-2014 12:26 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 07:51 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Paul Linfor....... isnt that some kind of smelly cheese ? Cool

I actually was not aware. I did not know cheese could be atheist. Thank you for letting me know.

Facepalm That settles it.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
20-05-2014, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 02:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-05-2014 02:19 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  I joined this forum because I wanted to hear the other viewpoints on atheism. I want to hear what you guys see in atheism and how you came across it.

I came across atheism when one of my friends in high school told me about atheism during break time. He told me that, "There are going to be people who are going to hate you for who are, but atheism is a little different." I wanted to learn about the atheist culture myself. So I traveled around the world meeting dozens of people in Greece, France, etc. where I met several atheists who had strong moral compasses but their definitions of atheism were different from my friend.

When I came back home and told my friend about what I heard he said these words and I lived by these words my entire life.

"That's the beauty of atheism, the many different atheists are what make this planet beautiful. However one thing you should remember Paul is that atheism can destroy my friend. Use your definition to cherish your life forever my friend!"

I want to hear what you guys have to say. I want to learn about atheism though your eyes. Please respond.

I never cared about labels. Putting labels on people is not a productive enterprise. To be perfectly honest I liked the beauty I found in religion, (as I am into classical music). The people I knew in religion were very kind (one of my great aunts was a famous educator/nun/college president .. and her nun friends were, and and still are some of my good friends ... "extra grannies" we call them, and I never was exposed to "fundamentalism" really until I got here Sadcryface I knew it was out there, but never dealt with it, as my family is either very liberal Catholic or liberal Episcopalian) In 2nd Grade I knew there was something "fishy" about it all, but it took a while to figure out why. I figured out in about 5th or 6th Grade I could replicate the feeling I got in church by meditating and running, so I knew then it was all in my head, even though I couldn't explain it then. Then I studied the culture of the Ancient Near East seriously, and know too much about it to buy into "Biblical literalism". So you can slap any label on someone with no beliefs, (I call myself an Igtheist as there is in my estimation a definition that coherently defines a "god' ... whatever that is.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Your wise friend... wtf? No one speaks like that IRL. "Remember Paul, my friend, atheism can also destroy." God it brings a tear to your eye Rolleyes Words to really *live by*.

Dodgy Christ. Even the trolls are budget these days.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-05-2014, 02:45 PM
I think it's *Lynder*, cheese. Sadcryface2

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Re: RE: Tell me your definition atheism
(19-05-2014 02:19 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  I came across atheism when one of my friends in high school told me about atheism during break time.

Tell me, how did this discussion go, Paul Linfor?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TubbyTubby's post
20-05-2014, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 03:30 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Tell me your definition atheism
"Oh man, you gotta join this new club I joined! It's called atheism. Now you can't talk about this club, my young student, but we meet at my house every Friday for Natty Ice and GameCube, and discuss whatever pops up! Hey, do you own any Axe Body Spray?"

http://youtu.be/CYFcZtO-QOE

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
21-05-2014, 05:02 AM
(20-05-2014 02:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think it's *Lynder*, cheese. Sadcryface2

My attempt at humor went over Pauls head, it was in reference to the 3 musketeer movie when captain Rochefort went in to arrest the 3, and Porthos said "Rochefort, isnt that some kind of smelly cheese?" Rolleyes

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
21-05-2014, 05:41 AM
(21-05-2014 05:02 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 02:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think it's *Lynder*, cheese. Sadcryface2

My attempt at humor went over Pauls head, it was in reference to the 3 musketeer movie when captain Rochefort went in to arrest the 3, and Porthos said "Rochefort, isnt that some kind of smelly cheese?" Rolleyes

Oh I LOVE that movie. It is SO funny. I'll have to re-watch it this weekend.
Funny also cuz myself and two of my friends are sometimes referred to as "The Three Musketeers". Rolleyes