Tell me your definition atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 05:50 AM
RE: Tell me your definition atheism
(21-05-2014 05:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:02 AM)War Horse Wrote:  My attempt at humor went over Pauls head, it was in reference to the 3 musketeer movie when captain Rochefort went in to arrest the 3, and Porthos said "Rochefort, isnt that some kind of smelly cheese?" Rolleyes

Oh I LOVE that movie. It is SO funny. I'll have to re-watch it this weekend.
Funny also cuz myself and two of my friends are sometimes referred to as "The Three Musketeers". Rolleyes

No doubt a good movie and a great cast. I think I've watched it so many times that I know all the lines by heart. Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 05:53 AM
(21-05-2014 05:50 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh I LOVE that movie. It is SO funny. I'll have to re-watch it this weekend.
Funny also cuz myself and two of my friends are sometimes referred to as "The Three Musketeers". Rolleyes

No doubt a good movie and a great cast. I think I've watched it so many times that I know all the lines by heart. Blush

Yeah, but which 3 Musketeers movie? My favorite one I've seen so far is The Man in the Iron Mask, as I love me some Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2014, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 06:47 AM by War Horse.)
(21-05-2014 05:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:50 AM)War Horse Wrote:  No doubt a good movie and a great cast. I think I've watched it so many times that I know all the lines by heart. Blush

Yeah, but which 3 Musketeers movie? My favorite one I've seen so far is The Man in the Iron Mask, as I love me some Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich.

The one with Charlie Sheen, Kiefer Sutherland, Oliver Platt and Tim Curry.

IMO, one of the best ever made.

Heres the trailer

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
22-05-2014, 11:25 AM
(19-05-2014 02:53 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  I do not believe in gods or supernatural beings, thus i am atheist.

I believe religion is a poison that needs to be destroyed, thus I am an anti-theist.

I am also a gay atheist, thus I am a gaytheist Tongue

You gaytheists are the worst. Not content with slapping god just once in the face like the rest of us... You have to go an extra Mile.

You have earned my utmost respect.
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
22-05-2014, 11:27 AM
A lack of belief in deities, due to no evidence or logical reasoning. Simple as that.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression.
-- Thomas Paine,
22-05-2014, 01:33 PM
(22-05-2014 11:27 AM)Forthright Atheist Wrote:  A lack of belief in deities, due to no evidence or logical reasoning. Simple as that.

Oh, no sir, it's not THAT simple. You forgot the part about eating babies and the satanic moonlight rituals and hatred we feel for imaginary supermen in the sky.

Oh, wait. Sorry. That's what theists are taught to believe about us.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
22-05-2014, 02:35 PM
(22-05-2014 01:33 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 11:27 AM)Forthright Atheist Wrote:  A lack of belief in deities, due to no evidence or logical reasoning. Simple as that.

Oh, no sir, it's not THAT simple. You forgot the part about eating babies and the satanic moonlight rituals and hatred we feel for imaginary supermen in the sky.

Drunken, pot-fueled orgies.

Don't forget the orgies.

Evil_monster

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-05-2014, 02:39 PM

You mean we're not supposed to? Fuck!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-05-2014, 03:35 PM

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSmxNGrlBvJzrLhc10npa...M0WJlmuDyz]

Truth seeker.
22-05-2014, 04:05 PM
(19-05-2014 02:19 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  I joined this forum because I wanted to hear the other viewpoints on atheism. I want to hear what you guys see in atheism and how you came across it.

I came across atheism when one of my friends in high school told me about atheism during break time. He told me that, "There are going to be people who are going to hate you for who are, but atheism is a little different." I wanted to learn about the atheist culture myself. So I traveled around the world meeting dozens of people in Greece, France, etc. where I met several atheists who had strong moral compasses but their definitions of atheism were different from my friend.

When I came back home and told my friend about what I heard he said these words and I lived by these words my entire life.

"That's the beauty of atheism, the many different atheists are what make this planet beautiful. However one thing you should remember Paul is that atheism can destroy my friend. Use your definition to cherish your life forever my friend!"

I want to hear what you guys have to say. I want to learn about atheism though your eyes. Please respond.

I'm still learning about my atheism, and I've been this way all my life. I've been to various location too understand and become one with it. I've studied on the couch, in the car and even under m bed. Although my journey is far from done, I think I can safely say my atheism is one without a god, although I can't speak for others.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.