Telling People To Prove Your Invisible Sky Daddy Isn't There Is Not A Valid Argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Sad Telling People To Prove Your Invisible Sky Daddy Isn't There Is Not A Valid Argument
This dumb defense argument always used by creationists has no merit whatsoever. I could make up a million things that you couldn't disprove. It still gives my argument no validity if I cannot prove my claim to be true. I could claim that I was visited by 3 God's last night and they told me that they created the universe, and you couldn't prove me wrong. If I can't prove my claim right, then it has to be considered bullshit until proven otherwise. You don't get to put your ridiculous claims that you have no proof for on the same shelf as science and say "You can't disprove my bullshit beliefs which I only have because I've been indoctrinated with them, so they carry the same validity as science."

Hell, not only can you creationists not prove the existence of your god, you can't disprove the existence of any of the other countless gods trhat people have believed in throughout human history. So you can't even make good on your own challenge. What kind of hypocritical bullshit is that?

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
28-12-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Telling People To Prove Your Invisible Sky Daddy Isn't There Is Not A Valid Argument
[Image: funny-pictures-auto-comics-logic-371546.jpeg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 12 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
29-12-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: Telling People To Prove Your Invisible Sky Daddy Isn't There Is Not A Valid Argument
I think the next time I hear this argument, I'll counter with "Oh yeah, well there's an over-god that is in charge of all the other gods. Your god is just one of them, and he's not even the best. Certainly not the nicest. Prove that there isn't an over-god!"
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
29-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Their response would typically be I have to look no further than the Bible for the truth that my god is the one and only god..
29-12-2013, 07:58 AM
I live in the Ozarks, and this "argument" is heavily favored. (The second-to-last day of one of my classes last semester, I actually had to explain to a group of 5 people what Russell's teapot was. They were not amused.)

I'm right there with you. There isn't anything you can do to help them.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
29-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Its simple [Image: 08o2h.jpg]

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 4 users Like IndianAtheist's post
29-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Chant this mantra:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Unless, of course, you're talking about evolution. Then, no amount of evidence will suffice. Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
29-12-2013, 06:42 PM
(29-12-2013 02:54 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Chant this mantra:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Unless, of course, you're talking about evolution. Then, no amount of evidence will suffice. Big Grin

It's just that extraordinary.
30-12-2013, 08:00 AM
(29-12-2013 07:36 AM)Foxen Wrote:  Their response would typically be I have to look no further than the Bible for the truth that my god is the one and only god..

The problem with this is that even the bible admits there is more than one god. It's right there in the ten commendments.
"You Shall have no other Gods before me"
He never says "I am the only God and everyone else is wrong" and even admits to being jealous. Basically all he says is "I am the one that got you out of Egypt, now kiss my ass 'till the end of time"

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 2 users Like PeterKA's post
30-12-2013, 01:32 PM
(30-12-2013 08:00 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 07:36 AM)Foxen Wrote:  Their response would typically be I have to look no further than the Bible for the truth that my god is the one and only god..

The problem with this is that even the bible admits there is more than one god. It's right there in the ten commendments.
"You Shall have no other Gods before me"
He never says "I am the only God and everyone else is wrong" and even admits to being jealous. Basically all he says is "I am the one that got you out of Egypt, now kiss my ass 'till the end of time"

And yet the xtians have done precisely that -- put a man (and in the case of the catholics, a woman and a host of other humans through the ages, even up to now, as well) before their deity, in defiance of this "commandment".

Of course, they provided a story to justify this action, claiming that this man is actually the original deity in drag, but that's just a story, too.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop