Tempted to relapse......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2016, 07:55 AM
RE: Tempted to relapse......
Following the death of my beloved father in June I started to both bargain and have wistful thoughts about the supernatural thankfully they passed and I'm sure your thoughts will do the same.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2016, 08:15 AM
(27-10-2016 07:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Following the death of my beloved father in June I started to both bargain and have wistful thoughts about the supernatural thankfully they passed and I'm sure your thoughts will do the same.

I think that's very normal. I know when I am dealing with something, I sometimes catch myself thinking about praying. I don't of course, because my rational mind kicks in and I know that sort of thing is useless. I mean I might as well ask my diet coke can for help. Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-10-2016, 08:23 AM
(27-10-2016 08:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 07:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Following the death of my beloved father in June I started to both bargain and have wistful thoughts about the supernatural thankfully they passed and I'm sure your thoughts will do the same.

I think that's very normal. I know when I am dealing with something, I sometimes catch myself thinking about praying. I don't of course, because my rational mind kicks in and I know that sort of thing is useless. I mean I might as well ask my diet coke can for help. Wink
That's because coke cans are real Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-10-2016, 08:23 AM
(27-10-2016 08:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 08:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think that's very normal. I know when I am dealing with something, I sometimes catch myself thinking about praying. I don't of course, because my rational mind kicks in and I know that sort of thing is useless. I mean I might as well ask my diet coke can for help. Wink
That's because coke cans are real Big Grin

Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-10-2016, 09:00 AM
(27-10-2016 08:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think that's very normal. I know when I am dealing with something, I sometimes catch myself thinking about praying. I don't of course, because my rational mind kicks in and I know that sort of thing is useless. I mean I might as well ask my diet coke can for help.

You could try meditation in that case Jenny...

...not trying to understate the diet coke can's comforting powers, of course.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
27-10-2016, 10:05 AM
(27-10-2016 09:00 AM)Velvet Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 08:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think that's very normal. I know when I am dealing with something, I sometimes catch myself thinking about praying. I don't of course, because my rational mind kicks in and I know that sort of thing is useless. I mean I might as well ask my diet coke can for help.

You could try meditation in that case Jenny...

...not trying to understate the diet coke can's comforting powers, of course.

Yes, I meditate a lot, I'm a yoga instructor Tongue In my situation, the prayer thing isn't a desire to pray--it's a result of classical conditioning.

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
27-10-2016, 12:01 PM
I'm so glad you're active here, again, Jennybee. You always brighten my day.

Just wanted to say that. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-10-2016, 12:05 PM
(27-10-2016 12:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm so glad you're active here, again, Jennybee. You always brighten my day.

Awww so sweet, thank you Heart I'm glad u r back too. Hug

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
27-10-2016, 12:28 PM
(27-10-2016 12:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm so glad you're active here, again, Jennybee. You always brighten my day.

I feel sure you are not the only one I know I'm glad to see her back.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
27-10-2016, 01:34 PM
I still pray when I am extremely anxious about things. I just changed "god" to "fuck"... E.g., "Oh fuck, please let this not be an STD.... amen."

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 5 users Like TurkeyBurner's post