Ten Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Ten Commandments
Good Morning All... I just want to share a topic from the bible. Have a bless Day.

Exodus 20 1-17

The Ten Commandments

20 And God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Jesus Love us all...Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2012, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 03:21 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Ten Commandments

Nuff said!

Except...
Why follow the 10 that were destroyed?
Are you following the other 603 rules?

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
05-09-2012, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 04:56 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Good morning all. I just wanted to share where they got those :

And actually the correct translation not "servant", it's "slave". No need to cover up that the god condoned slavery. http://www.evilbible.com/Slavery.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_the_Dead
http://dwij.org/forum/amarna/2_cmndmts_b..._dead.html
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_10cl.htm

I have not reviled the God.
I have not laid violent hands on an orphan.
I have not done what the God abominates . . .
I have not killed; I have not turned anyone over to a killer.
I have not caused anyone's suffering . . . I have not copulated (illicitly); I have not been unchaste.
I have not increased nor diminished the measure, I have not diminished the palm; I have not encroached upon the fields.
I have not added to the balance weights; I have not tempered with the plumb bob of the balance.
I have not taken milk from a child's mouth; I have not driven small cattle from their herbage . . .
I have not stopped (the flow of) water in its seasons; I have not built a dam against flowing water.
I have not quenched a fire in its time . . .
I have not kept cattle away from the God's property. I have not blocked the God at his processions.

And of course we all know, morality does not come from gods.
http://www.skinnyhate.net/personal/code/...e_from.php

Have an entirely rational day.

The 628 injunctions are in the Bible in the first place, because they were already in the culture. The god did not "give" law to culture. Religion sanctioned cultural norms, which were already in place. They might have made sense to the time. Many are not appropriate for 21st Century h. Sapiens.
This is discussed in the great series by the great scholar, Dr. Shawna Dalansky, the author of "The Bible Now".

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...+Testament

And BTW, Jeebus is long dead. Who told you you were Christ's Ambassador ? Or did you just give that job to yourself, because you couldn't find a real one ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-09-2012, 05:00 AM
Hello Friends,

DLJ, the Video...What?

Also the laws that Moses gave to the people do still apply today... They were never destroyed.

Jesus said: Matthew 5:17

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Now Bucky Ball, Servants and Slaves mean totally different when Jesus speaks of those terms. She Jesus don't condemn. He inspires and uplift you. When Jesus use the terms it was not how we think in the natural mind, he said it in love... A servant or slave as you mention is a person that give it time, attention, to its master.

Jesus is not a God of Hate. He is a God of Love. Jesus language and understanding surpass what we think and talk today.

But if you have a connection or relationship with him you can than understand what he is talking about.

Bucky you list that you did not break the laws that I listed today.... In some way you may have.... or through other ways not mention.

The bible said we have all sinned... even me... But if you repent he will cleanse the sins away as if you never had done it.

Act 2:38

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Here is a sinner's Prayer:

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.

I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

Just mean it from your heart and the sin is wiped clean... Heart
05-09-2012, 05:06 AM
(05-09-2012 05:00 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Just mean it from your heart and the sin is wiped clean... Heart

Have you ever considered medication, or seeing a psychiatrist for your delusions/hallucinations problem ? I hope you're not driving a car in that condition.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-09-2012, 05:24 AM
DLJ.. No I don't need medication. If you truly knew who I was you would be shocked. But I am a very smart person... you may or may not know me.

Very insane, educated, and well off. But I know in my heart I truly love a God that does exist. I don't know why you sound so mad. I have been speaking in peace the whole time I have been on the forum.

I hate no one. Love all types of people. I just want to share what I know about my God. We are not our own. We did not just created ourselves by ourselves. No, God did it and did it all.

One day we will all have to come to full terms of it when he does come back for the final judgement to this World. The bible says:

Roman 14:11

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.
'

So you best to believe... even though you don't want to recognize Jesus right now.... that is okay.... but you will when he return..... if you want to or not... he still love you... but you will know on his return.

In the mean time.. meditate on what I am saying. God loves you all... He don't hate... all he want is a true relationship with him... That is the reason why he created you.

He owns us.... I am bless to have a chance a life. Enjoy the goodness he have given us right now. I know you do too. There are great things you enjoy now. It all come from the goodness of God.

James 1:17

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows

See God do love us. Bowing

Amen
05-09-2012, 05:51 AM
Wow, Preachy McPreacherson here is really being original.

Quoting the bible to atheists does nothing. We don't believe in that shite, how can you actually think that would work in any way???

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
05-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Do you kill atheists, ambassador? Cuz you should in the Bible. Do you kill adulterers? Cuz you should if you follow the Bible.

What about beating your servents? Or your children? Thats perfectly allowed.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-09-2012, 06:24 AM
I never mention I kill anyone... where you pick that up at. I just simply gave you the Ten Commandments.. a topic I am reading today.

The Ten Commandments does not teach hate or promote hate. From how you addressing yourself today... you seem to be hating for some reason.

Look, Atheist can prove their point on which you don't believe in God. That is fine. I am a Christian and I have the same right to prove you wrong that there is a God.

Right. So I am not mad at you or saying you kill Christian...even though some have said it yesterday under the "Is there a Jesus" discussion....but the point is. I can express my view to debate why there is a God.

The reason why you all sound upset is that you are being challenged on your forum which you have all been comfortable about degrading Christian, denouncing God. Well I come to say... I will debate and defend all day that there is a God.

But don't say I want to kill someone. Not my DNA.

But you know what....Jesus still love you all and he love me as well. Good Day bothers and sister. I have to step away for a bit. So you all be bless. I will chat with you later.

Ambassador of Christ Heart
05-09-2012, 06:39 AM
(05-09-2012 06:24 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  I never mention I kill anyone... where you pick that up at. I just simply gave you the Ten Commandments.. a topic I am reading today.

The Ten Commandments does not teach hate or promote hate. From how you addressing yourself today... you seem to be hating for some reason.

Look, Atheist can prove their point on which you don't believe in God. That is fine. I am a Christian and I have the same right to prove you wrong that there is a God.

Right. So I am not mad at you or saying you kill Christian...even though some have said it yesterday under the "Is there a Jesus" discussion....but the point is. I can express my view to debate why there is a God.

The reason why you all sound upset is that you are being challenged on your forum which you have all been comfortable about degrading Christian, denouncing God. Well I come to say... I will debate and defend all day that there is a God.

But don't say I want to kill someone. Not my DNA.

But you know what....Jesus still love you all and he love me as well. Good Day bothers and sister. I have to step away for a bit. So you all be bless. I will chat with you later.

Ambassador of Christ Heart

Quoting the Bible at us is neither debating or proving the existence of god.

If you would like to engage in a conversation, then do so; we don't need walls of Biblical quotes without context.

Many of us here have read the whole bloody book; some of us have studied it and its history. Biblical quotes aren't proof of anything.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post