Ten Commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2012, 07:10 AM
RE: Ten Commandments
(05-09-2012 06:24 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  The reason why you all sound upset is that you are being challenged on your forum which you have all been comfortable about degrading Christian, denouncing God. Well I come to say... I will debate and defend all day that there is a God.
You talk as if you think you're the first theist to come here and challenge 'us'. As a matter of fact, we've had dozens of them here before and we've debated will all of them.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-09-2012, 08:05 AM
(05-09-2012 05:00 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  DLJ, the Video...What?

Also the laws that Moses gave to the people do still apply today... They were never destroyed.

Which of course, makes it even worse!

(05-09-2012 05:00 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Jesus said: Matthew 5:17

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Ooooh! An obscure biblical reference. Please can you PM me some eggs to suck? Thanks

05-09-2012, 08:07 AM
(05-09-2012 05:00 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Just mean it from your heart and the sin is wiped clean... Heart

You must be forgeting that, by definition, atheists cannot ever commit a sin.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-09-2012, 08:10 AM
(05-09-2012 06:24 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  I never mention I kill anyone... where you pick that up at. I just simply gave you the Ten Commandments.. a topic I am reading today.

What. The. Fuck? You are a Christian, read the damn Bible. Disobeying any of those laws in the Ten Commandments is punishable by death.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
05-09-2012, 08:14 AM
yeah *grabs popcorn*

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
05-09-2012, 08:24 AM
(05-09-2012 06:24 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  ... you seem to be hating for some reason.

Look, Atheist can prove their point on which you don't believe in God. That is fine. I am a Christian and I have the same right to prove you wrong that there is a God.

Right. So I am not mad at you or saying you kill Christian...even though some have said it yesterday under the "Is there a Jesus" discussion....but the point is. I can express my view to debate why there is a God.

The reason why you all sound upset is that you are being challenged on your forum which you have all been comfortable about degrading Christian, denouncing God. Well I come to say... I will debate and defend all day that there is a God.

But don't say I want to kill someone. Not my DNA.

Perceptions are interesting. I did not read (hear / attribute) any hate in any post so far.
The "emotion" I was detecting was "ennui" (sigh! here we go again).
We only "all sound upset" in your imagination.

We do not degrade christians. There are many well respected christians here. Other christians degrade themselves through poor argument.

You do indeed have the right to attempt to prove anything you like. We are listening and we will respond in kind.

Please do us the courtesy of listening too. We have found most apologists are incapable of listening ... they usually become defensive as they start to realise they are not converting us and then they leave.

We are open to proof.

Please note that arguments from Faith, Authority, Revelation and /or Tradition, are not considered to be "proof".

Thank you.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
05-09-2012, 08:41 AM
(05-09-2012 05:00 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Jesus said: Matthew 5:17

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Now, I do understand that Christians really practice Paulianity, not what Jesus taught, but I really do wish they would get their shit straight.

Romans 7:6
"But now we are released from the law, dead to what held us captive".

As you can see, the person who invented Christianity, (Paul of Tarsus), hated Jews, and the law, and taught all one needed was faith, ("justification" by faith alone).

Galatians 4: "For through faith you are children of God".
Galatians 5:13 " For you were called for freedom, brothers".

Be free, brothers.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Oh the bible is proof of god by a bunch of hearsay anonymous authors? Yeah... we haven't heard that one before. By that logic, the resident evil novels are proof of the umbrella corporation and ada wong. But that means... zombies... wait... jesus was a zombie... I see where this is going.
05-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Ambassador,

Why do think god has a commandment to not murder, but then murders or orders the murders of so many people in the OT?

Why do you think there is no commandment against slavery? Is god OK with slavery?

Do you personally keep the sabbath holy and do no work? Which day is your sabbath day and what activities do you never do on that day? Do you always labor for six days every week? What about vacation, do you avoid them?

thanks
05-09-2012, 09:43 AM
(05-09-2012 05:24 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  DLJ.. No I don't need medication. If you truly knew who I was you would be shocked. But I am a very smart person... you may or may not know me.

Very insane, educated, and well off. But I know in my heart I truly love a God that does exist. I don't know why you sound so mad. I have been speaking in peace the whole time I have been on the forum.

Uh...
Hi AoC, you may want to print a retract of your 3rd post... wait... unless you are telling everyone here you really are insane. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you at least think you are as sane as the rest of us. Whatever that means. Wink

About your scripture stuff.... the thing is, AoC... the majority of the people here really think very little of the book you keep quoting. To me, it's simply a book like any other, with characters, plot, subplots, the occasional verse. It's not a very well written work, poorly edited and translated even worse. Many here have read it in great depth... as well as many of the critical and scholarly works surrounding it. And most agree; it's a horrendously muddled work of fiction.

I myself ask you, is this all you know? There is so much in the world, and all you can tell me is the same exact thing that someone has told you. Tell me about you... tell me something in the real world - the world right now - that you have discovered all on your own. Tell me about you.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post