Teresa McBain found god again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Teresa McBain found god again
(19-10-2016 10:49 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Teresa McBain found god again.

Who the fuck is she?

More to the point: Who fucking cares???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-10-2016, 01:37 AM
Good for her?

My father was raised Catholic, then got lazy was not a practicing one for a long time. Fast forward through two divorces, and he had a 'crisis of faith', and jumped around different sect before landing on Southern Baptist (bully for him). His reasoning for being a Christian and remaining so still sucks, and I doubt McBain's are any better. If people can jump around to different sects, this shouldn't surprise anybody. Maybe it's a bad look being so public and vocal about it, but that's on her, not on the rest of us. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-10-2016, 02:45 AM
(21-10-2016 01:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Good for her?

My father was raised Catholic, then got lazy was not a practicing one for a long time. Fast forward through two divorces, and he had a 'crisis of faith', and jumped around different sect before landing on Southern Baptist (bully for him). His reasoning for being a Christian and remaining so still sucks, and I doubt McBain's are any better. If people can jump around to different sects, this shouldn't surprise anybody. Maybe it's a bad look being so public and vocal about it, but that's on her, not on the rest of us. Drinking Beverage

People's sectuality is their own affair...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
21-10-2016, 04:14 AM
I have to admit that I've never heard of Teresa MacBain, but from what I've read on a few links about her, she sounds like a bit of a loser who's hedging her bets, and is probably not really "true" to either the atheist's viewpoint or the theists.

I quote from the OP link...

"After not hearing much from Teresa over the last few months, The Clergy Project discovered yesterday [October 15, 2016] that she has now returned to the Christian faith and is again active in Christian church ministry. Upon reaching out to her and participating in a friendly yet detailed conversation, Teresa made it clear that she has, in fact, returned to belief in the existence of the supernatural."

To me this indicates that she never was a committed atheist—and was probably just testing the waters—as it were. Whatever, these sorts of people obviously lack the courage of their convictions, and can't be trusted for any sorts of truthful, personal worldview (she falsely listed a M.Div [Masters of Divinity] from Duke University on her resume to Harvard).

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
21-10-2016, 04:23 AM
(21-10-2016 04:14 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Teresa made it clear that she has, in fact, returned to belief in the existence of the supernatural.

That's a good trick. I wish I knew how to choose what I believe.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-10-2016, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2016 09:43 AM by Shai Hulud.)
(20-10-2016 10:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 04:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The pastor dunks you in the church swimming pool with much ceremony.

Sort of related, but not, but funny none the less. After like 10 years of preaching at the same small Baptist church, my cousin's husband finally had someone who wanted to be baptized, a few weeks ago. He had to fill his baptistry with water during the week, because it had been so long since it had been used (like prior to him arriving there even), that no one knew if it was going to leak or not...or if the water to it was even connected.

(20-10-2016 10:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Who the fuck is she?

Well she was the first female graduate of the Clergy Project and the PR person for American Atheists. So guess it's a sort of regional thing.

Edit: I fudged up multiquote tags and everything looked like a giant quote of doom.

Edit 2: After watching the video Chas provided (thanks Chas!), my first thought is that good money says Third Day will mention at future concerts how their song they're about to play, worked on the "hardened heart" of the PR person for American Atheists, and that there's hope for everyone.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
21-10-2016, 01:29 PM
(20-10-2016 10:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Who the fuck is she?

She was a minister who spoke at one of the big reason rally's and came out as an atheist.

She was quite big in the atheist circles and heavily involved in The Clergy Project and secular humanist movements.

Recently she said she had returned to religion.

So, yeah it's a point of curiosity.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-10-2016, 03:47 PM
(21-10-2016 01:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Who the fuck is she?

She was a minister who spoke at one of the big reason rally's and came out as an atheist.

She was quite big in the atheist circles and heavily involved in The Clergy Project and secular humanist movements.

Recently she said she had returned to religion.

So, yeah it's a point of curiosity.

Obviously there's more money in religion.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-10-2016, 04:24 PM
As long as she respects anybody she may know who is still in the clergy project and not already outed.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
03-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Listen to the two episodes of Jerry DeWitt and Bobby Cary's show "Hope After Faith" episodes 21 & 22 to hear more of the inside story. In my opinion, this woman screwed over Jerry DeWitt every chance she had.
[+] 2 users Like g24cjm's post