Terminal insecurity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Terminal insecurity
I ask you for your thoughts on this video, which portrais airline security as useless:

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: Terminal insecurity
Yeah we're guilty until proven innocent, and even then we are still a little guilty Dodgy

The TSA thwarted my evil plans once. I forgot about the liquid requirement and brought a big bottle of lotion. They of course took it from me.... And threw it away. Seriously, the reason you are taking it from me is because you suspect it may contain explosives.... And you just throw it in the garbage?? Obviously you know it's just lotion Dodgy

Anyway, the video, looks like he was using some tools to build these. Wire cutters, a pocket knife, I bet there were more. I'd assume these items are not for sale past security check, and not something you can bring past security, no?
28-12-2013, 02:48 PM
The 9/11 terrorists managed to highjack their plains armed with boxcutters and peperspray, rushing into the cockpits and locking themselves into those cockpits.

And as far as I know, no plane was ever downed through a bomb that a passanger smuggled inside with him into personal luggage.

The risk of a plane being highjacked has already been lowerd by the fact that pilots now have to lock themselves up in their cockpits and not let anyone inside.

What we do is therefor way to much and I think people should even be allowed to smoke on planes again.

28-12-2013, 03:05 PM
I agree with everything but smoking. I'm a smoker, but I don't enjoy being in an enclosed space full of smoke. Yuck! I imagine non-smokers would like it even less.
28-12-2013, 03:06 PM
http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reasons-ts...rspective/

Always ask for a receipt they will just hand you your stuff back.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-12-2013, 03:13 PM
I always try t get a major boner before I have myself checked.

[+] 4 users Like The Germans are coming's post
28-12-2013, 06:08 PM
What I don't get is, they confiscate and have laws about having certain things on an airplane for fear of people bringing down the plane, yet what's one of the first thing they say when you're on board? "Please turn off your cellphone during take off and landing".
So they just let every single person on that plane board with a device capable of bringing down the plane in their pocket...
How fucking fail is that.. Dodgy

In saying that I think that a cellphone could bring down a plane during take off and landing is a load of shit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-12-2013, 11:25 PM
I agree muffs. How many people keep their phone in their pocket, assuming it's off. I just don't understand this rule.
29-12-2013, 08:03 AM
It's not so much useless as it is ineffective. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-12-2013, 09:25 AM
There is no airport in Asia where you can buy a lighter after going through security (as the vid indicates).

But I never turn off my phone.

I simply do not believe that engineers can't design a $300m plane that would be troubled by a $500 phone.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post