Terminally disgusted by religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Terminally disgusted by religion
Living in the US, I am completely surrounded by religious people, so I HAVE to make an effort to keep a tolerant and respectful view of believers, but lately it has become impossible. I am so completely disgusted and repulsed by religion, I am having a very tough time keeping my cool about it. Let me list some of the things that have really driven me over the edge:

- The latest honor killings in Canada. The Muslim family kills the daughters because they refuse to wear a tent over their head and want to have fun like regular girls.
- The (luckily failed) referendum in Mississippi about personhood at conception.
- The latest crap between the Susan G. Komen foundation and Planned Parenthood, also called "how breast cancer and abortion have nothing to do with each other unless you are a frigging bigot".
- The latest crap about contraception. How contraception became a major issue in the Presidential race.
- The come-back of "Obama is really a Muslim".
- Rick Santorum. 'nuff said.
- The latest burning of the Koran crap.

I have come to realize that no matter how you look at it, no matter how much leeway you try to give religion, it is a FACT that no amount of tolerance can mask that religion is a placeholder for arrogance, ignorance, but most of all, HATRED. And much of that hatred is directed toward women.

I want religion to go away. I can't stand it anymore.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like sy2502's post
23-02-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: Terminally disgusted by religion
I excessively agree with you, though my current solution is that I go away (sadly not far enough >.>). I just hope I leave Missouri before I completely estrange myself from everyone I know here. I'm not supposed to be here so I've gotten sick and tired of living with the messages. I'm about to just scream at everyone and go live on the street.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-02-2012, 12:58 PM
(23-02-2012 12:23 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I want religion to go away. I can't stand it anymore.

You could try doing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dWsxMD05...re=related
... it might make you feel better
23-02-2012, 02:46 PM
(23-02-2012 12:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 12:23 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I want religion to go away. I can't stand it anymore.

You could try doing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dWsxMD05...re=related
... it might make you feel better

lol that really does make me want to get to the nearest window and yell "I am mad as hell, and I am not going to take this any more!!!"

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
23-02-2012, 02:50 PM
are you can try martial arts. its a great for stress. try this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7GeEKgl6...ure=relmfu
[+] 1 user Likes satan69's post
23-02-2012, 03:07 PM
REligious insanity, by virtue of its bizarre false rigteousness and fatuous reasoning, is the most deadly, depraved, and cruel, institution known to man. Angry
23-02-2012, 03:10 PM

(23-02-2012 12:23 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  Living in the US, I am completely surrounded by religious people, so I HAVE to make an effort to keep a tolerant and respectful view of believers, but lately it has become impossible. I am so completely disgusted and repulsed by religion, I am having a very tough time keeping my cool about it. Let me list some of the things that have really driven me over the edge:

- The latest honor killings in Canada. The Muslim family kills the daughters because they refuse to wear a tent over their head and want to have fun like regular girls.
- The (luckily failed) referendum in Mississippi about personhood at conception.
- The latest crap between the Susan G. Komen foundation and Planned Parenthood, also called "how breast cancer and abortion have nothing to do with each other unless you are a frigging bigot".
- The latest crap about contraception. How contraception became a major issue in the Presidential race.
- The come-back of "Obama is really a Muslim".
- Rick Santorum. 'nuff said.
- The latest burning of the Koran crap.

I have come to realize that no matter how you look at it, no matter how much leeway you try to give religion, it is a FACT that no amount of tolerance can mask that religion is a placeholder for arrogance, ignorance, but most of all, HATRED. And much of that hatred is directed toward women.

I want religion to go away. I can't stand it anymore.

You're the one who sound arrogant, ignorant and hate-filled. You're acting like you're about to take a gun out and start shooting people because you can't stand the way they believe. You sound like the dangerous one. You're the one who sounds completely irrational about a bunch of religious news that has nothing to do with you.

Look at your title? Are you suicidal about this? Are you homicidal about this?
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Don't forget all the paedophilia the Vatican has covered up over the years. And the prohibiting of condom use to prevent the spread of aids in Africa.

I think the whole of Vatican City should be bulldozed to rubble and anything valuable pillaged and used to help the victims of Catholicism. I also think that the Nazi in control of Vatican City should be publicly executed in an incredibly brutal fashion and his remains fed to wild dogs, that's just my opinion though.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
23-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Naming no particular comment above but is there any chance of getting a "dislike" option?
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-02-2012, 05:03 PM
(23-02-2012 04:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Naming no particular comment above but is there any chance of getting a "dislike" option?

The aim is to ensure that we stay on topic as much as possible and don't derail threads by arguing with every comment we don't agree with.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.