Terminally disgusted by religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 05:06 PM

RE: Terminally disgusted by religion
(23-02-2012 04:36 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Don't forget all the paedophilia the Vatican has covered up over the years. And the prohibiting of condom use to prevent the spread of aids in Africa.

I think the whole of Vatican City should be bulldozed to rubble and anything valuable pillaged and used to help the victims of Catholicism. I also think that the Nazi in control of Vatican City should be publicly executed in an incredibly brutal fashion and his remains fed to wild dogs, that's just my opinion though.

That must be an example of the supreme biologically evolved morality you atheists possess.
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 05:13 PM
(23-02-2012 05:06 PM)Egor Wrote:  That must be an example of the supreme biologically evolved morality you atheists possess.

I wouldn't call it 'supreme biologically evolved morality'. I do find it interesting that statistically atheists show higher levels of morality than highly religious people but I couldn't say with certainty that it was a direct link as opposed to an indirect link.

I'm also not claiming that there aren't atheists who've abused kids or committed atrocities such as knowingly help spread aids. I do think that the Vatican's approach on those subjects is very relevant when discussing evil caused or spread by religion or religious organisations however. I don't think that atrocities committed by atheists are overly relevant on this thread as this thread is specifically about religion.

If you want to created a thread on any evils you feel have been spread by atheism then I will happily join you there to discuss them. I won't discuss them here though as I don't feel it fair to derail sy2502's thread. I'm sure you understand.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
24-02-2012, 11:54 AM
(23-02-2012 03:10 PM)Egor Wrote:  You're the one who sound arrogant, ignorant and hate-filled.
Really? Please, do tell exactly how my post is arrogant, ignorant, and hate-filled. Do go into specific details please.

Quote:You're acting like you're about to take a gun out and start shooting people because you can't stand the way they believe. You sound like the dangerous one. You're the one who sounds completely irrational about a bunch of religious news that has nothing to do with you.
Please do tell, in as much detail as possible, how my post implies I am about to take a gun and start shooting people because of what they believe. Also point out exactly what in my post is irrational. And since several of the things I mentioned are part of the current Presidential campaign, please specify how what I mentioned has "nothing to do with me".

Quote:Look at your title? Are you suicidal about this? Are you homicidal about this?
Now you are just trolling.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply