Terminate my account!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: Terminate my account!
(11-06-2013 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 09:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why, Johnny Ringo. You look like somebody just walked over your grave. ... hehehehehe Big Grin

I'm your huckleberry.

Oh baby!

Would you two go get your own thread before you embarrass yourselves? This is a public forum for decency's sake! Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 11:26 PM
(11-06-2013 11:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 11:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  Betcha there's a pretty lady at the root of it Tongue Nothing makes the gents climb outta their logic trees in a hurry like a sexy dame in the neighbouring Wiccan tree...

That'll be what it is. Look at KC, QC's charms have kept him stuck to his Calvinism all this time.

Well... that's *fully* understandable Big Grin

Although KC is a bit more of a complex beast... I think it's more that he's bonkers. Bonkers + sexy wife. I'd take that deal...
11-06-2013, 11:28 PM
(11-06-2013 11:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 09:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He must feel like he should follow the god and the goddess.
Betcha there's a pretty lady at the root of it Tongue Nothing makes the gents climb outta their logic trees in a hurry like a sexy dame in the neighbouring Wiccan tree...

He posted a thread a while back about how he was skeptical but wanted to try Wiccan shit or whatever. He's quite a young guy. From having started from a position of skepticism I imagine that he'll question stuff quite a lot...

Quote:I don't quite 'get' the urgent need to have the account deleted, but okay.
Wants to make a clean break I imagine. Could also be part of trying to shut down the functioning centres of his brain which are saying "buuuulllllshit, it's alllllll buuuulllllshit".

He actually talked alot about you, moron dog. He like you a lot, and i can see why Smile
11-06-2013, 11:39 PM
(11-06-2013 11:28 PM)Bjorn Wrote:  He actually talked alot about you, moron dog. He like you a lot, and i can see why Smile

Really ? Cool. Well since you're his mate please do pass on all of our greetings, and tell him that we're mocking him mercilessly Big Grin

Many of us including me have spent some time attempting self lobotomy trying to believe in one religion or another and IMO if you're curious about that stuff it's quite beneficial to actually sincerely try and understand it, even try to believe it (and maybe succeed, who knows?).
11-06-2013, 11:48 PM
(11-06-2013 11:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 11:28 PM)Bjorn Wrote:  He actually talked alot about you, moron dog. He like you a lot, and i can see why Smile

Really ? Cool. Well since you're his mate please do pass on all of our greetings, and tell him that we're mocking him mercilessly Big Grin

Many of us including me have spent some time attempting self lobotomy trying to believe in one religion or another and IMO if you're curious about that stuff it's quite beneficial to actually sincerely try and understand it, even try to believe it (and maybe succeed, who knows?).

Haha ill be sure to do that EVERY DAY!!

Eeahh i looked at almost every Christian denomination, islam, buddhism, wicca... None of it was for me. Its fine if he likes it, but tbh i think its all rediculous. Though i do think that since i looked at all that for a while i hav some sense of understanding of how and why they think what they do. Does that make any sense to you?
12-06-2013, 12:07 AM
(11-06-2013 11:48 PM)Bjorn Wrote:  Eeahh i looked at almost every Christian denomination, islam, buddhism, wicca... None of it was for me. Its fine if he likes it, but tbh i think its all rediculous. Though i do think that since i looked at all that for a while i hav some sense of understanding of how and why they think what they do. Does that make any sense to you?
It depends on if you ever thought it was truth or not. You can have some understanding but... unless you've ever really believed that stuff... it can be hard to relate... and it is fairly ridiculous.

I have many dear friends who... you can ask them any question under the Sun, they will find a way to explain it in terms of God and sin and all such quackery. They're intelligent people. They just... have a completely different view of the world to me. It's fairly scary to me that a lot of their life decisions are made based on the idea that some super-being is looking out for their well being. OTOH, to them, I'm arrogantly making my life decisions without consulting the said super-being...

So yeah, I can make sense of what you said...
12-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Thanks, and i was actually throwing myself into the stuff i was looking at, every last thing i searched, to let everyone know. It just didnt make sense at the end.

And i agree totally with what you said about the people you mentioned. Its sad that intelligent people can subscribe to something as rediculous as theism. But it makes me grateful for my experiences that led me to reason.
[+] 1 user Likes Bjorn's post
12-06-2013, 12:26 AM
(12-06-2013 12:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 11:48 PM)Bjorn Wrote:  Eeahh i looked at almost every Christian denomination, islam, buddhism, wicca... None of it was for me. Its fine if he likes it, but tbh i think its all rediculous. Though i do think that since i looked at all that for a while i hav some sense of understanding of how and why they think what they do. Does that make any sense to you?
It depends on if you ever thought it was truth or not. You can have some understanding but... unless you've ever really believed that stuff... it can be hard to relate... and it is fairly ridiculous.

I have many dear friends who... you can ask them any question under the Sun, they will find a way to explain it in terms of God and sin and all such quackery. They're intelligent people. They just... have a completely different view of the world to me. It's fairly scary to me that a lot of their life decisions are made based on the idea that some super-being is looking out for their well being. OTOH, to them, I'm arrogantly making my life decisions without consulting the said super-being...

The worst thing about intelligent people: They find it much easier to invent ways to rationalise their beliefs.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-06-2013, 12:29 AM
(12-06-2013 12:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 12:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  It depends on if you ever thought it was truth or not. You can have some understanding but... unless you've ever really believed that stuff... it can be hard to relate... and it is fairly ridiculous.

The worst thing about intelligent people: They find it much easier to invent ways to rationalise their beliefs.
How true u are sir!
12-06-2013, 03:42 AM
I thought this was a topic parodying Egor...
Account deleted nonetheless.
Good to know.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.