Terrible Flirt Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2017, 09:37 AM
RE: Terrible Flirt Thread
(14-07-2017 09:26 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 09:20 AM)Emma Wrote:  WHY IS IT CALLED SPOTTED DICK THOUGH?!

Laugh out load

Ask and you shall recieve:
Quote:The name has long been a source of amusement and double entendres, to the point that the catering staff of Flintshire County Council decided in 2009 to rename it to "Spotted Richard" because of all the jokes they were receiving.

While "spotted" is a clear reference to the dried fruit in the pudding (which resemble spots), "dick" is more obscure. The word was widely used as a term for pudding in the 19th century; in late 19th century Huddersfield, for instance, a glossary of local terms described "Dick, plain pudding. If with treacle sauce, treacle dick."

It could alternatively be a corruption of the word pudding, evolving through puddink, then puddick, then finally dick. Another possibility is that it is a corruption of "dough".

Basically us English didn't ever find it funny until somebody pointed out the word "dick" is also for a penis Laugh out load

Edit:

[Image: 18htl9.jpg]

Wow- that is a truly boring story for such an amusing name. Next time try spicing it up a bit! Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
14-07-2017, 09:49 AM
(14-07-2017 09:37 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 09:26 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Ask and you shall recieve:

Basically us English didn't ever find it funny until somebody pointed out the word "dick" is also for a penis Laugh out load

Edit:

Wow- that is a truly boring story for such an amusing name. Next time try spicing it up a bit! Tongue
Laugh out load thats from the wiki page! Feel free to edit it though haha

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
14-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Dick Trickle was a race car driver here in the USA. Not joking. Seriously. Who does that to a kid?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
14-07-2017, 01:55 PM
(13-07-2017 11:41 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 11:28 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  If it matters, even though your profile pic is small, you remind me of Trinity from "The Matrix." (Carrie-Ann Moss) I'm sure up close it's different. It's like my brother looks kind of like Nic Cage.

Here's a bigger picture of me. Carrie-Ann Moss is a new one to hear! Tongue

I somehow missed those pictures of you. Wow, you look great! Thanks for sharing them. Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-07-2017, 02:03 PM
(14-07-2017 01:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 11:41 AM)Emma Wrote:  Here's a bigger picture of me. Carrie-Ann Moss is a new one to hear! Tongue

I somehow missed those pictures of you. Wow, you look great! Thanks for sharing them. Heart

Awww thank you!!! Hug
14-07-2017, 02:04 PM
(14-07-2017 09:26 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 09:20 AM)Emma Wrote:  WHY IS IT CALLED SPOTTED DICK THOUGH?!

Laugh out load

Ask and you shall recieve:
Quote:The name has long been a source of amusement and double entendres, to the point that the catering staff of Flintshire County Council decided in 2009 to rename it to "Spotted Richard" because of all the jokes they were receiving.

While "spotted" is a clear reference to the dried fruit in the pudding (which resemble spots), "dick" is more obscure. The word was widely used as a term for pudding in the 19th century; in late 19th century Huddersfield, for instance, a glossary of local terms described "Dick, plain pudding. If with treacle sauce, treacle dick."

It could alternatively be a corruption of the word pudding, evolving through puddink, then puddick, then finally dick. Another possibility is that it is a corruption of "dough".

Edit:

I've always wondered where the word "dick" came from that it is now a word for penis?

Wait. Wouldn't that be a great pick up line in a bar? Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-07-2017, 02:18 PM
(14-07-2017 02:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Edit:

I've always wondered where the word "dick" came from that it is now a word for penis?

Well, you see, there was this one guy named Richard, who wasn't all that nice, and...
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
14-07-2017, 02:53 PM
I've always thought Mae West had some of the best flirting lines ever. She wrote many of them herself. What a character she was!

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-07-2017, 07:05 PM
(14-07-2017 02:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've always thought Mae West had some of the best flirting lines ever. She wrote many of them herself. What a character she was!

I always liked Bogie and Bacall. I think they had good chemistry. There are so many awesome old movies, I love old Hollywood glamour.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-07-2017, 07:07 PM
(14-07-2017 02:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Edit:

It would certainly elicit some interesting responses Wink