Terrible Flirt Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2017, 12:49 PM
RE: Terrible Flirt Thread
(16-07-2017 12:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So like I mentioned in a previous post, my boyfriend took me into the city last night for date night. I've been telling him that we don't really spend enough time together as he's a bit of a workaholic and I feel like I always come second. So last night was a nice change of pace. But then he tells me that he he's going to start *scheduling* times for us to spend time together for date nights. I'm really not sure how I feel about being "scheduled in" to spend time with someone who supposedly loves me. It just feels kinda not romantic. Maybe I'm overthinking this and I should just be happy that he's trying. Undecided

At the same time, my friends tell me how great I have it. My boyfriend's smart, successful, and not bad to look at Wink I feel like I should just be happy, but...we were supposed to get married and now my ring is sitting in a box on my dresser. I feel like I should do what "normal" people do and just get married and be happy with a white picket fence living in Suburbia. I see my neighbors and their white picket fences and they seem happy. The picket fence lifestyle makes me want to Rainbow Vomit I'm not sure what's wrong with me or what chip is missing that I would rather just be a gypsy, traveling the world, not putting roots down anywhere. Or some weird Grizzly Adams chick who lives in the woods with a bear Hobo Tongue

Awww Jenny, I'm sorry. Are you unhappy? Maybe if you went on a trip to Europe or Japan or something. You sound like you have a lot of wonderlust in your system.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
16-07-2017, 01:05 PM
(16-07-2017 12:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  At the same time, my friends tell me how great I have it. My boyfriend's smart, successful, and not bad to look at Wink I feel like I should just be happy, but...we were supposed to get married and now my ring is sitting in a box on my dresser. I feel like I should do what "normal" people do and just get married and be happy with a white picket fence living in Suburbia. I see my neighbors and their white picket fences and they seem happy. The picket fence lifestyle makes me want to Rainbow Vomit I'm not sure what's wrong with me or what chip is missing that I would rather just be a gypsy, traveling the world, not putting roots down anywhere. Or some weird Grizzly Adams chick who lives in the woods with a bear Hobo Tongue

I seem to be allergic to picket fences too Undecided I really don't seem to have mastered this being an adult thing. LadyJane really did do the Grizzly Adams thing though Blush I wish she would pop in. She's cooool. Also you might pick up some tips from her Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-07-2017, 01:32 PM
(16-07-2017 01:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 12:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  At the same time, my friends tell me how great I have it. My boyfriend's smart, successful, and not bad to look at Wink I feel like I should just be happy, but...we were supposed to get married and now my ring is sitting in a box on my dresser. I feel like I should do what "normal" people do and just get married and be happy with a white picket fence living in Suburbia. I see my neighbors and their white picket fences and they seem happy. The picket fence lifestyle makes me want to Rainbow Vomit I'm not sure what's wrong with me or what chip is missing that I would rather just be a gypsy, traveling the world, not putting roots down anywhere. Or some weird Grizzly Adams chick who lives in the woods with a bear Hobo Tongue

I seem to be allergic to picket fences too Undecided I really don't seem to have mastered this being an adult thing. LadyJane really did do the Grizzly Adams thing though Blush I wish she would pop in. She's cooool. Also you might pick up some tips from her Smile

How cool! I hope she comes back soon too! Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
16-07-2017, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 01:53 PM by jennybee.)
(16-07-2017 12:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 12:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So like I mentioned in a previous post, my boyfriend took me into the city last night for date night. I've been telling him that we don't really spend enough time together as he's a bit of a workaholic and I feel like I always come second. So last night was a nice change of pace. But then he tells me that he he's going to start *scheduling* times for us to spend time together for date nights. I'm really not sure how I feel about being "scheduled in" to spend time with someone who supposedly loves me. It just feels kinda not romantic. Maybe I'm overthinking this and I should just be happy that he's trying. Undecided

At the same time, my friends tell me how great I have it. My boyfriend's smart, successful, and not bad to look at Wink I feel like I should just be happy, but...we were supposed to get married and now my ring is sitting in a box on my dresser. I feel like I should do what "normal" people do and just get married and be happy with a white picket fence living in Suburbia. I see my neighbors and their white picket fences and they seem happy. The picket fence lifestyle makes me want to Rainbow Vomit I'm not sure what's wrong with me or what chip is missing that I would rather just be a gypsy, traveling the world, not putting roots down anywhere. Or some weird Grizzly Adams chick who lives in the woods with a bear Hobo Tongue

Awww Jenny, I'm sorry. Are you unhappy? Maybe if you went on a trip to Europe or Japan or something. You sound like you have a lot of wonderlust in your system.

I'd love to travel more, but due to my boyfriend's work schedule (er...desire to spend all his time working Tongue )--and his not being extremely adventurous--it will be on my own or with friends (which is fine). But it would just be cool to have *him* go with me. But you can't change people, I know this. And maybe I'm the problem in this rship, I dunno. Huh

I do believe in working hard, don't get me wrong--but I also believe in a work-life balance and truly living. Life is meant to be enjoyed and experienced, imo. This is where my bf and I differ. Anyway, outofthereligioncloset posted one of my favorite quotes in the Quotes thread (which actually was my sig line awhile back as well) by Anais Nin: "I must be a mermaid- I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

And yes, I have way too much wanderlust for my own good Tongue Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-07-2017, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 02:47 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
jennybee---another of my favorite Anais Nin quotes seems appropriate now:

[Image: 54e72797bdc570f1309878a731fa8770.jpg]

I have a necklace/pendant with a mermaid on it and the words "I must be a mermaid..."

And dancefor2---he probably meant that as a compliment, that you are important enough to him that he sees he needs to schedule time rather than waiting for it to just happen. Guys think differently from us. Hang in there. And marriage does NOT have to equal a white picket fence. It is whatever you two agree it should be. Nobody else has the right to expect it to be anything else. Not relatives, society, me, other forum members...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
16-07-2017, 03:07 PM
(16-07-2017 02:43 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Guys think differently from us.

We do, doesn't mean we should get a pass though Smile

Jenny you also gotta get what you want from the relationship. Don't feel that you have to fit in with him and his life, he also needs to fit in with you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
16-07-2017, 04:42 PM
(16-07-2017 02:43 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  jennybee---another of my favorite Anais Nin quotes seems appropriate now:

[Image: 54e72797bdc570f1309878a731fa8770.jpg]

I have a necklace/pendant with a mermaid on it and the words "I must be a mermaid..."

And dancefor2---he probably meant that as a compliment, that you are important enough to him that he sees he needs to schedule time rather than waiting for it to just happen. Guys think differently from us. Hang in there. And marriage does NOT have to equal a white picket fence. It is whatever you two agree it should be. Nobody else has the right to expect it to be anything else. Not relatives, society, me, other forum members...

I love that quote too! Thumbsup Definitely how I'm feeling at the moment. And I do think he meant well with the "scheduling me in" thing, it's just that when he said I was like...

[Image: giphy.gif]

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
16-07-2017, 04:52 PM
(16-07-2017 03:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 02:43 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Guys think differently from us.

We do, doesn't mean we should get a pass though Smile

Jenny you also gotta get what you want from the relationship. Don't feel that you have to fit in with him and his life, he also needs to fit in with you.

I agree. I think I might be a little too much for most men to handle though Laugh out load And I want a life that few people want. And I recognize that. So I can either be in a rship with someone who loves and supports me or just go do what I want and wind up a crazy cat lady living on a houseboat in Yellowknife, doing yoga, traveling the world, and going on month long off the grid hikes. Tongue

The problem with my simply taking off and doing that is I like having a man in my life. So I try as best as I can to fit myself into the mold of what most men want their wife/gf/mate to be. But sometimes doing that becomes tiring to maintain. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-07-2017, 05:08 PM
I don't know if anyone posted this yet but it's one of my favorite flirt scenes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-07-2017, 07:41 PM
"I have solid gold pussy-eating skills." This would be my opening line if I had the balls to say it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post