Terrible things seen on the road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2017, 01:54 PM
RE: Terrible things seen on the road
A biker was swiped/cut-off by a car on an insterstate (275 Cincinnati). He just laid there asking why, why, why? He couldn’t see himself, a good thing, as his leather jacket had ripped away and so had much of his skin. I placed my pickup between him and oncoming traffic until paramedics arrived. I didn’t want to be there when they turned him over. Sadcryface

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2017, 01:44 PM
I saw a cement mixer which had misjudged an exit ramp and tipped over onto the road below. It landed on the roof of a car on the road below and crushed it with whoever was in it. I didn't hang around.
04-11-2017, 04:22 PM
The firt fatality accident I worked as a USAF firefighter. 31 Dec 89, 5:30 pm, middle of chow. The kid was already drunk, drove his 67 Ford Galaxy 500 square into a concrete highway barrier doing at least 60 mph. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt ... not that it would have helped much.

He speared his sternum on the steering-wheel column before submarining under the dash. All ribs broken, eyes out of sockets from the pressure wave of the chest impact, left patella about mid-thigh where the kneecap had caught the bottom of the dashboard, right foot hanging on by the Achilles tendon after the accelerator tore everything else up.

He died about two minutes after we rolled up on-scene.

We get back to the station, file debriefing reports, and I wander back into the chow hall .... I look at my half-eaten plate of spaghetti, turn around and run for the latrine. I made the first stall just in time ... didn't have to mop up any puke.
04-11-2017, 06:48 PM
During the mid-1980's I was driving home from a music lesson and witnessed an elderly couple hit by a speeding van while they were crossing the road. I was traumatized for several days. Later, I learned that the woman had been killed instantly. Her husband died in the hospital the following day. It was the worst thing I had seen since my years in Vietnam. Sad