Terrorism in the USA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Terrorism in the USA
What with all the ISIS attacks going on elsewhere in the world -- why isn't there any concern in the USA???

If I were to make a guess -- I'd say that they should be raising the "threat assessment level" here in the USA.

And personally -- you couldn't get me to go out shopping on Black Friday on a bet......(of course, I hate the crowding anyway - so never have been out on BF)

I'm sure terrorists have at least considered -- if not indeed planned -- to take advantage of the most heavy traffic in shopping centers.

Thoughts??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Terrorism in the USA
(23-11-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What with all the ISIS attacks going on elsewhere in the world -- why isn't there any concern in the USA???

If I were to make a guess -- I'd say that they should be raising the "threat assessment level" here in the USA.

And personally -- you couldn't get me to go out shopping on Black Friday on a bet......(of course, I hate the crowding anyway - so never have been out on BF)

I'm sure terrorists have at least considered -- if not indeed planned -- to take advantage of the most heavy traffic in shopping centers.

Thoughts??

Would they be that obvious? I had a similar thought after 911, if terrorists really wanted to cripple the US economy hit shopping malls during Christmas. In fact that year, I'm pretty sure I started shopping online.

My girlfriends go Black Friday shopping every year, we always have fun, but rarely buy anything.

One year my coffee maker died on thanksgiving, so I did buy a new one early Friday morning because coffee is just that fucking important. Big Grin

Now I use a low tech French Press made out of stainless steel so even if it's dropped it won't break. Best investment ever. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-11-2015, 01:08 PM
It depends on what the threat level assessments are based on.

If their not being triggered, why raise the alert level???

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
23-11-2015, 01:09 PM
We already have terrorism in the USA, Timothy McVeigh, KKK, Eric Rudolf, Unibomber, Dillon Roof......And a flooded gun market that allows tons of gun death from both legal and illegal guns.

Will a Muslim attack us on our soil, well that was already done, Boston, and the Military base shooter who was a a Muslim.

So what is the solution? Live in fear and paranoia? No thanks.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Brian37's post
23-11-2015, 01:20 PM
I worry about my son and grandson who live in Boston [where they can't carry a gun] but other than that, I never give it a thought. If terrorists decide to hit Colorado Springs, it will only be because they lack imagination. Besides, since I am usually within a few steps of a gun and since I have absolutely no fear of dying, if they did come to my neighborhood it could be fun as long as they stay away from my wife.
23-11-2015, 01:27 PM
(23-11-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Thoughts??

If there is a higher than average potential for violence, perhaps Black Friday will be worth taking part in after all.

'Murican Canadian
23-11-2015, 01:32 PM
(23-11-2015 01:09 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  We already have terrorism in the USA, Timothy McVeigh, KKK, Eric Rudolf, Unibomber, Dillon Roof......And a flooded gun market that allows tons of gun death from both legal and illegal guns.

Will a Muslim attack us on our soil, well that was already done, Boston, and the Military base shooter who was a a Muslim.

First off --- only ONE of the people you mentioned used a gun -- the rest used explosives. Going to outlaw chemistry????

Secondly -- being prepared isn't "Living in fear and paranoia"..... It's being prepared, and capable of acting.

You're not prepared, or capable of taking on a maniac with a gun, unless YOU have a gun....

Pretend otherwise at your leisure.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-11-2015, 01:36 PM
(23-11-2015 01:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 01:09 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  We already have terrorism in the USA, Timothy McVeigh, KKK, Eric Rudolf, Unibomber, Dillon Roof......And a flooded gun market that allows tons of gun death from both legal and illegal guns.

First off --- only ONE of the people you mentioned used a gun -- the rest used explosives. Going to outlaw chemistry????

Secondly -- being prepared isn't "Living in fear and paranoia"..... It's being prepared, and capable of acting.

You're not prepared, or capable of taking on a maniac with a gun, unless YOU have a gun....

Pretend otherwise at your leisure.

He's got a point though, most terrorism in the USA is carried out by disgruntled white people.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
23-11-2015, 01:36 PM

America has tons of terrorists they are just white so they are not called terrorists.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Terrorist is what you call the a group of people who are fighting with no resources, using unconventional methods against a larger, superior, better armed force.....

I'm sure the British used it for the colonials, circa 1775 or so..

I do consider ISIS to be a terrorist group. They use terrorist tactics. I certainly wouldn't call them a conventional opposing military force.