Terrorism in the USA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Terrorism in the USA
Also --- fair bet ---- if you DO see anything happen on US soil -- it'll be in California, New York, Massachusetts or other such "pro-gun control" states....

Even suicide bombers would avoid Texas... Nobody wants to die THAT bad.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 01:49 PM by Brian37.)
(23-11-2015 01:20 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I worry about my son and grandson who live in Boston [where they can't carry a gun] but other than that, I never give it a thought. If terrorists decide to hit Colorado Springs, it will only be because they lack imagination. Besides, since I am usually within a few steps of a gun and since I have absolutely no fear of dying, if they did come to my neighborhood it could be fun as long as they stay away from my wife.

Yep, everyone thinks they can hit their target just because they shoot at a target range. Hate to tell you this, but your body reacts quite differently under stress, and any cop can tell you or military service people can tell you, you have to be trained to deal with stress to insure you don't shoot the wrong target, much less injure yourself. And not only do you have to be trained to shoot a gun under stress, you also have to maintain that training so you don't lose it.

The two AZ shooters murdered TWO armed cops, then went into a Walmart, and murdered a armed civilian who had his gun drawn. Having a gun will not insure your safety. Most of the time when you introduce one into a conflict it gets you hurt or killed or the wrong person hurt or killed.

There was a armed former military guy on campus at the Oregon shooting, his reason for not getting involved is he did not want police mistaking him for a bad guy. That was the correct decision and based on HIS military training. You have to be trained to spot the right target. And sometimes that target can blend in.

The problem is you are not afraid to die. That is not the same as being trained to survive.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Having a gun in a gunfight does not insure success. But, NOT having a gun in a gunfight does insure failure...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-11-2015, 01:51 PM
(23-11-2015 01:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Terrorist is what you call the a group of people who are fighting with no resources, using unconventional methods against a larger, superior, better armed force.....

I'm sure the British used it for the colonials, circa 1775 or so..

I do consider ISIS to be a terrorist group. They use terrorist tactics. I certainly wouldn't call them a conventional opposing military force.

Why should the layfolk give a shit about details like that? As the potential victims, the most relevant element is the terror the attacks spread. Disgruntled white people have been more frequent sowers of terror than Arabic Muslims. Why should I be suddenly in panic mode now if I wasn't already in panic mode before just because some Islamic Extremists want to get in on the action again? It's obviously not a good thing, but the sad reality is it's nothing new either.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
23-11-2015, 01:54 PM
(23-11-2015 01:47 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Having a gun in a gunfight does not insure success. But, NOT having a gun in a gunfight does insure failure...

Once again, you are trying to make an argument I am not arguing. Not having a gun is LESS likely to get you killed than get you killed. The ME stats confirm year after year that statistically speaking, you are FAR more likely to get injured, or die, or injure or kill someone you are familiar with, than you are to successfully defend yourself from a complete stranger.

Keep thinking like John Wayne if you like. You sound like a drunk driver, "I got away with nothing happening so I will never hurt anyone or get a DWI".

Selection bias and sample rate error.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2015, 02:31 PM
John Wayne was a punk and a drunk.... I'm not surprised he is what occurs to you when you consider the duty of self defense. I may get killed trying to defend myself in a confrontation. You can try boring the guy to death with your sniveling....

23-11-2015, 02:41 PM
(23-11-2015 01:51 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 01:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Terrorist is what you call the a group of people who are fighting with no resources, using unconventional methods against a larger, superior, better armed force.....

I'm sure the British used it for the colonials, circa 1775 or so..

I do consider ISIS to be a terrorist group. They use terrorist tactics. I certainly wouldn't call them a conventional opposing military force.

Why should the layfolk give a shit about details like that? As the potential victims, the most relevant element is the terror the attacks spread. Disgruntled white people have been more frequent sowers of terror than Arabic Muslims. Why should I be suddenly in panic mode now if I wasn't already in panic mode before just because some Islamic Extremists want to get in on the action again? It's obviously not a good thing, but the sad reality is it's nothing new either.

I don't even know what planet you're from dude.....

Domestically in the US there have probably been more incidents involving "white men" (however THAT is defined) but body count work wide??? Not even close... . Radical Islam rules that roost.......

23-11-2015, 02:44 PM
(23-11-2015 01:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 01:09 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  We already have terrorism in the USA, Timothy McVeigh, KKK, Eric Rudolf, Unibomber, Dillon Roof......And a flooded gun market that allows tons of gun death from both legal and illegal guns.

Will a Muslim attack us on our soil, well that was already done, Boston, and the Military base shooter who was a a Muslim.

So what is the solution? Live in fear and paranoia? No thanks.

First off --- only ONE of the people you mentioned used a gun -- the rest used explosives. Going to outlaw chemistry????

Secondly -- being prepared isn't "Living in fear and paranoia"..... It's being prepared, and capable of acting.

You're not prepared, or capable of taking on a maniac with a gun, unless YOU have a gun....

Pretend otherwise at your leisure.

I went back and read your original post, it didn't say anything about only guns being used.

It mentioned unspecific "terrorism."

Now, the goalposts have been moved (Shrug)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-11-2015, 03:02 PM
(23-11-2015 02:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 01:51 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Why should the layfolk give a shit about details like that? As the potential victims, the most relevant element is the terror the attacks spread. Disgruntled white people have been more frequent sowers of terror than Arabic Muslims. Why should I be suddenly in panic mode now if I wasn't already in panic mode before just because some Islamic Extremists want to get in on the action again? It's obviously not a good thing, but the sad reality is it's nothing new either.

I don't even know what planet you're from dude.....

Domestically in the US there have probably been more incidents involving "white men" (however THAT is defined) but body count work wide??? Not even close... . Radical Islam rules that roost.......

I said "more frequent," not "higher body count."

[Image: giphy.gif]
23-11-2015, 03:08 PM
(23-11-2015 12:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What with all the ISIS attacks going on elsewhere in the world -- why isn't there any concern in the USA???

What is there to worry about? Murderers of every stripe killed people every day last week (month, year) in attacks I could neither combat nor specifically predict. This Friday will not be different. I am not afraid of death, nor the banality of violence, nor the novelty of ISIS.

Black Friday just about *is* a terrorist attack. It's a croudsourced assault on global labor standards by assuring profits for those who most efficiently abuse people as if they were machines. You want less violence in the world, by all means stay home on Black Friday, but do it in solidarity with factory workers, not in fear of explosives.
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post