Terrorist Attack in Oregon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2016, 12:27 PM

If a group of 150 Muslims did this the 24 hour news networks would already be discussing the swift and deadly action taken by Law Enforcement. Because they are white hillbilly rednecks they are not even referred to as terrorists.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-01-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Terrorist Attack in Oregon
I just read this. So let me see if I can distill the issue. Government owned land (meaning it belongs to ALL of us) is leased out to two ranchers. Those guys set fire to it to hide evidence of poaching. They are tried and found guilty of arson and poaching. Now a group of armed men have formed a “militia” and occupied government property while threatening to resist with violence if confronted unless the men are released.

Yup...”Murika.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...ge%2Fstory

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-01-2016, 12:39 PM
No, Mr. Bundy, the Environmental Protection Agency isn't the driving force behind your "poverty". Dodgy

It's just making sure you can't crap all over MY portion of that land! Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
03-01-2016, 12:44 PM
(03-01-2016 12:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I just read this. So let me see if I can distill the issue. Government owned land (meaning it belongs to ALL of us) is leased out to two ranchers. Those guys set fire to it to hide evidence of poaching. They are tried and found guilty of arson and poaching. Now a group of armed men have formed a “militia” and occupied government property while threatening to resist with violence if confronted unless the men are released.

Yup...”Murika.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...ge%2Fstory

Not quite.... they did an armed braking and entering, a felony offense even if not on federal land. This is not occupied, this is an act of aggression = terrorism.

But hey, they're just good ol' white boys with guns and a political view.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
03-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Pretty sure what's gonna happen is the father and son report to prison tomorrow (they apparently neither invited nor desire any help from the Bundy Boys). Then the Feds will just let them sit in the building for a couple of weeks under watch until one of them realizes "Hey where are the Hammonds?" "In jail. And we're out of beer." Then the Feds will arrest them one at a time as they come out and try to return home. There's a whole lotta stupid out there willing to be martyrs for something or other.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-01-2016, 01:12 PM
I hate making generalizations about the US going to pot because it's not like we haven't had our share of crazy racist morons in the past, but it sure as hell seems to be on the upswing lately.

The blatant hypocrisy is astonishing.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
03-01-2016, 01:45 PM
If it were Muslims the building would be blown up and there would be severed heads laying all around.
03-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Just to clarify a couple things that seem to be overlooked by mainstream media (big surprise), as I have a few friends who are attached to various militia groups (again, big surprise Tongue) around the country, including Oregon, and this is naturally a hot topic right now.

• This particular action is not about the original conviction and sentence, though disapproval over it has certainly been adding fuel to the fire. It's about the fact that the guy served his sentence, was released, and then they up and decided he needed to serve more time. Protests noted, he went back willingly, and is not associated with this particular group in any way. It is also speculated that this is just a cover up for their real intent, which was to destroy evidence of poaching.

• The group that did this was only a small part of the demonstration that occurred previous to the incident, during which it was decided to keep it peaceful. Then these nutcases went off and did their own thing, and their actions are not supported by the others. That said, they do all tend to agree that putting someone back in jail as an extension to a sentence already thought to have been served is bullshit.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
03-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Haha. It's going to be 14 degrees there tonight and that's without any windchill factor. Burns in out in the Eastern Oregon high desert and it's colder than a witches tit and there's a snowstorm going on right now. Hope they brought their union suit. (That's right, Union suit.....not long johns...Union. This is what the North called long johns during the America's Civil War and it's kinda stuck.)

Nyeah! Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Here's a chance for the cops to use all that heavy artillery they've been storing up.

Sure they will.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!