Terrorist Attack in Oregon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 08:53 AM
RE: Terrorist Attack in Oregon
There will be a press conference in about 4 hours.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2016, 09:11 AM
(27-01-2016 08:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 08:06 AM)BnW Wrote:  Now that someone has died, I think that ups the ante on the charges these guys face. If it turns out one of them pointed a gun at the cops, they could all be gone for a long time.

I hope it doesn't turn out they were unarmed and the police got jumpy and started shooting.

The probability of any of them being unarmed is vanishingly small.

I agree it's unlikely. And, given the threats they have already made, the police have every right to take the threat of violence seriously. I'm just hoping the facts are what we all expect them to be.

If they drew on these cops, I wonder if that will result in the Feds forcing an end to this standoff with the rest of the wing nuts. I still can't believe how long this has been allowed to continue.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
27-01-2016, 11:33 AM
They always said they won't shoot first, they never said they wouldn't draw first.

You draw a gun on an officer, he shoots you. That's how it works.

I guess Bundy occupied a different government building last night. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
27-01-2016, 11:43 AM
(27-01-2016 11:33 AM)Dom Wrote:  They always said they won't shoot first, they never said they wouldn't draw first.

You draw a gun on an officer, he shoots you. That's how it works.

I guess Bundy occupied a different government building last night. Tongue

Hopefully he gets a nice long stay in a government building.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-01-2016, 01:28 PM
I watched the press conference - they are not saying anything about the shooting yet as it's still under investigation.

They did say they would have just let them stay there and wait it out, but the occupants kept going into town and causing trouble so they decided to peacefully arrest them when they were away from the general population.

Then something went wrong.

The local sheriff just about lost it while talking. Emotions are flying high over there.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-01-2016, 01:54 PM
(27-01-2016 01:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  I watched the press conference - they are not saying anything about the shooting yet as it's still under investigation.

They did say they would have just let them stay there and wait it out, but the occupants kept going into town and causing trouble so they decided to peacefully arrest them when they were away from the general population.

The local sheriff just about lost it while talking. Emotions are flying high over there.
You wouldn't by any chance have a link to what you watched, do you?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
27-01-2016, 02:26 PM
(27-01-2016 01:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 01:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  I watched the press conference - they are not saying anything about the shooting yet as it's still under investigation.

You wouldn't by any chance have a link to what you watched, do you?

Sorry, saw it on TV. Found a copy of what the feds said for you: http://kbnd.com/kbnd-news/local-news-feed

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-01-2016, 05:03 PM
(27-01-2016 08:06 AM)BnW Wrote:  Now that someone has died, I think that ups the ante on the charges these guys face. If it turns out one of them pointed a gun at the cops, they could all be gone for a long time.

I ain't no lawyer but couldn't they all be held complicit in the suicide-by-cop dude's death wish and be charged with I don't know, involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a crime or some shit like that?

Also, you indicated earlier that you didn't think this rose to the level of sedition. Is there some point where it does rise to the level of sedition?

#sigh
27-01-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't have any facts to answer question 1. I'm not sure.

And, it can rise to sedition when they try to overthrow the government. That's not what they are trying to do.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
27-01-2016, 05:37 PM
(27-01-2016 05:25 PM)BnW Wrote:  I don't have any facts to answer question 1. I'm not sure.

And, it can rise to sedition when they try to overthrow the government. That's not what they are trying to do.

Thank you very much. So what I think you are saying is undermining the government by contesting eminent domain by threat of armed violence is not the same as plotting to overthrow the government and is covered by the First Amendment. Yes? I think I could buy that. But now somebody's dead. Doesn't that change things from their legal culpability?

#sigh