Terrorist Attacks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Terrorist Attacks
Does anyone know any good books on responses to terrorist attacks? For example, 9/11. Not responses, as in, political responses and opinions but the methods through which the authorities deal with these things? Like how they investigate, what they do etc? It's for a little project I'm researching, so if you do know of any books please tell me of them Smile.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Terrorist Attacks
Are you a person who doubt about the official version ?
01-06-2013, 07:05 PM
(30-05-2013 11:12 AM)viocjit Wrote:  Are you a person who doubt about the official version ?

If you mean, "are you a conspiracy theorist?" then, no.

If you mean, "are you someone who will apply reasonable doubt to such events?" then yes. And I conclude from that that conspiracy theories are nonsense. I simply want a book about the practicalities of dealing with such an attack.

Not having much luck though Tongue

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

02-06-2013, 05:29 AM
(01-06-2013 07:05 PM)TheAmazingAustralopithecus Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 11:12 AM)viocjit Wrote:  Are you a person who doubt about the official version ?

If you mean, "are you a conspiracy theorist?" then, no.

If you mean, "are you someone who will apply reasonable doubt to such events?" then yes. And I conclude from that that conspiracy theories are nonsense. I simply want a book about the practicalities of dealing with such an attack.

When I wrote that , I seeked to know if you're a conspiracy theorist.
Now I understood that you're not a conspiracy theorist.
Why do you think that these theories are nonsense ?
Can you explain ?
04-06-2013, 03:03 PM
(02-06-2013 05:29 AM)viocjit Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 07:05 PM)TheAmazingAustralopithecus Wrote:  If you mean, "are you a conspiracy theorist?" then, no.

When I wrote that , I seeked to know if you're a conspiracy theorist.
Now I understood that you're not a conspiracy theorist.
Why do you think that these theories are nonsense ?
Can you explain ?

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming then that you are a conspiracy theorist? I don't want to get into a debate about it in any case; it would rather be against the point of this whole post.

04-06-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I would like just to know why this theory is nonsense for you ?
04-06-2013, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 04:53 PM by TheGulegon.)
Hey, Amazing. I'm thinking your looking for a book that details what actions should be taken by State & local authorities in the evnet of a major terrorist attack. Is this what you're looking for? Maybe like an essay produced by a think-tank, or something to that effect.
This is about all I could find on a real quick search.
Catastrophic Terrorism: Tackling the New Danger

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/20...2283544901

I'm certain this isn't all there is!

04-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the link, and yeah it is that sort of thing I'm looking for.

Also, that's the first time I've ever been addressed as Amazing. I'd be happy if people said that to me more often Wink.

And I think conspiracy theories are nonsense because they are literally made up the type of person who wants to be the author of a bestselling thriller series but lacks the writing ability. Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheAmazingAustralopithecus's post