Terrorist Surveillance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Terrorist Surveillance
Just heard on the news this morning that Melbourne suburbs Broadmeadows and Dallas are under Federal surveillance over home grown terrorist cells; I imagine a lot of this is going on too, in the U.S.
It seems strange to me that such information should be publicised as it seems to defeat the purpose.

Also, there is talk of employing drones over civilian areas shortly which raises a whole host of other issues.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
15-05-2012, 06:28 PM
RE: Terrorist Surveillance
(15-05-2012 05:20 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Just heard on the news this morning that Melbourne suburbs Broadmeadows and Dallas are under Federal surveillance over home grown terrorist cells; I imagine a lot of this is going on too, in the U.S.
It seems strange to me that such information should be publicised as it seems to defeat the purpose.

Also, there is talk of employing drones over civilian areas shortly which raises a whole host of other issues.
Appropriate suburbs, I suppose Undecided

We'll never know if it's true or not - they could be trying to instill the 'fear factor' as then they can justify any type of 'big brother' surveillance Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
15-05-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: Terrorist Surveillance
I hope they are just tricking the terrorists and aren't actually watching the areas stated. Because otherwise the terrorists have already won due to higher intelligence.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post