Terry Gross interview of Stanford Anthropologist re "When God Talked Back"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2012, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 09:06 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Terry Gross interview of Stanford Anthropologist re "When God Talked Back"
Terry Gross interviewed a Stanford Anthropologist, on Fresh Air today. Tanya Luhrman had some interesting stuff to say about her study of a CA fundie group.

I was kind of shocked how easy it was to question her conclusions/results of her 4 week "iPod study", (seemed like VERY poorly designed research, and obviously questionable interpretation of the results). But her ideas about the cultural shift in American's ideas about a "god", is pretty interesting. (She also seems to miss the obvious neurophysiological basis of "prayer"...beta-endorphin release). http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer...04-09-2012 Einstein

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Terry Gross interview of Stanford Anthropologist re "When God Talked Back" - Bucky Ball - 09-04-2012 08:11 PM