Tesla Vibrations Video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Tesla Vibrations Video
saw this on FB.

Does this really happen? Why different shapes? explain this to me in SIMPLE terms--I'm no rocket scientist. Smile

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
15-06-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: Tesla Vibrations Video
Wheres HouseOfCanor when you need him???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Praise this great invention of Electric Vibrator and Salt Augury (EVSA).

EVSA is a registered trade mark.

Sari is obsolete in the augury practicises. Try EVSA. Only $9.99 a month.

Want something? Then do something.
15-06-2013, 02:58 AM
If I'm not mistaken those are interference patterns, created by the high and lows of the different waves, the variety of shapes are produced because the different wavelengths interfere with each other at different points.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 5 users Like nach_in's post
15-06-2013, 05:31 AM
(15-06-2013 02:58 AM)nach_in Wrote:  If I'm not mistaken those are interference patterns, created by the high and lows of the different waves, the variety of shapes are produced because the different wavelengths interfere with each other at different points.

Yes, and it is dependent on the material and composition of the plate.

The standing waves will be different for different densities and thicknesses of the material.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-06-2013, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 05:45 AM by Hafnof.)
The salt crystals will be pushed away from wherever the material is beating up and down. They'll collect where the material is still. If you pump energy into the material at just the right speeds you'll get standing waves where some parts of the material are always still and others are moving. The salt will settle where it is still, and what you see are the shapes of these still portions of the material. They form part of the shape the sound wave.

You can create the same kinds of standing wave with a skipping rope or a slinky by holding one end still and beating the other end up and down at just the right frequency. Humans are actually surprisingly good at finding and matching these frequencies so it should come pretty naturally. The first "harmonic" is where the two ends are essentially still and the middle of the rope beats up and down. The second harmonic is found by beating the rope at twice the speed and will create an additional still point. You'll have the end, a wiggle, a still point, another wiggle, and the other end. Beating three times as fast creates three wiggles, etc. The material here is more complex so the patterns are more complex. The patterns themselves come about because energy is bouncing backwards and forwards in the system in such a way that it meets itself perfectly. It takes the same amount of time to travel from one end to the other as it does for the next beat to start, so the energy keeps building up at the same points so long as the frequency stays the same.

This works in the other direction, too. Send enough random noise into a material and it will start to beat at its natural frequency. All sound we hear is pretty much the product of a harmonic like this. Random noise is thrown into a string or a chamber and the noise that keeps coming back at the period the material is tuned to. What we hear back is the frequencies that have built up on themselves because they matched the natural frequencies of the material, while the other sounds fail to reflect in upon themselves and aren't heard.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 4 users Like Hafnof's post
15-06-2013, 06:55 AM
(15-06-2013 02:58 AM)nach_in Wrote:  If I'm not mistaken those are interference patterns, created by the high and lows of the different waves, the variety of shapes are produced because the different wavelengths interfere with each other at different points.

(15-06-2013 05:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, and it is dependent on the material and composition of the plate.

The standing waves will be different for different densities and thicknesses of the material.

(15-06-2013 05:41 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  The salt crystals will be pushed away from wherever the material is beating up and down. They'll collect where the material is still. If you pump energy into the material at just the right speeds you'll get standing waves where some parts of the material are always still and others are moving. The salt will settle where it is still, and what you see are the shapes of these still portions of the material. They form part of the shape the sound wave.

Well, that leaves me with nothing to add.
17-06-2013, 05:38 AM
(15-06-2013 01:00 AM)bemore Wrote:  Wheres HouseOfCanor when you need him???

Obsessing over my Gwynnies. Heart

Nach-in, Chas, and hafnof handled it. Thumbsup

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user