Testimonies of answered prayers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Testimonies of answered prayers
Does god answer prayers, of course! I give you these testimonies:

A reader who goes by the name Khadeejah at this blog gives the testimony of wanting to wear her hijaab without her parent's consent:

God answered me

After giving her testimony about how Allah helped her parents become more tolerant of her Muslim beliefs, she leaves us with this little gem of wisdom:

Quote:Verily, With Hardship Comes Ease (Surah al-Sharh,94)

and

Allah always has 3 answers for our Du'a

1) yes
2) Yes but not now
3) I have a better plan for you.

NEVER A NO!

( And Allah knows best )

-Khadeejah, 14, Canada.

PBUH!

Our next testimony comes from a young man named Joel:

In what ways have your prayers been answered?

Joel was unable to find a caterpillar for a school assignment, I'll use his words to testify:

It was moments before I had to leave to catch the bus, I remembered that we were supposed to bring our caterpillars... I exclaimed my predicament to my Mom and she just simply said, have you prayed to ask Heavenly Father to help you find a caterpillar... I must have thought she had gone crazy... 'pray for a caterpillar?'
I went into my room and did as she said, and then had to leave my house to catch the bus... I walked out of the front door and to my astonishment crawling across our sidewalk was a caterpillar... this is quite a simple story, and what some may call chance, coincidence or pure dumb luck... but to me, it was and always will be an answer to a little boy's prayer and taught me that God does hear our prayers and he does answer them, no matter how big or how small.
I know that God hears us, and he answers us, not always in the way we think or always that answer that we want, but he does answer with what we need.

God answers Mormon prayers without a doubt!

And finally, we have this testimony from Sherina:

"I was living in Spain and would visit my cousins in India and see them observing this fast," she recalls. "My grandmother was looking for a suitable boy for me, but I was very picky! Since both my brothers lived in the U.S., I kept insisting that I wanted to marry someone from America."

An aunt persuaded her to keep the Monday fast by offering a guarantee: "Fast for four Sundays and see the results!" Sherina says the outcome was "amazing-after exactly four Mondays, it worked! I was shocked!"

Within a month of starting to keep the fast, the family priest introduced her to Nari, a handsome businessman from Boston, and the two got engaged. They've been happily married for 14 years.

Does Sherina see the fast as a fail-proof way of finding a soulmate? I don't know," she says, "but it worked for me. There is some power in it."

For Sherina and other believers like her, one thing is certain: As a formula for domestic bliss, there's nothing quite like having a direct line to Shiva!
Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Love-Family/Rel...hDezIwm.99

[Image: 47137947.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
18-02-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: Testimonies of answered prayers
FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

The stupidity..it burns

[Image: 33l1onq.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
18-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Now I'm confused. Which one should I pray to? They all seem to work.

And aren't all these stories rather twee in their presentation?
18-02-2015, 10:37 AM
(18-02-2015 10:24 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  Now I'm confused. Which one should I pray to? They all seem to work.

And aren't all these stories rather twee in their presentation?

It's kind of a life is a journey, not a destination thing I suppose. In this case, it's a journey of self-delusion and confirmation bias.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
18-02-2015, 10:45 AM
2/18/2015
Dear Mr. Inquisition,

God has a plan.
Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.

Thenks, awfully.
Buckminster Fullerene

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-02-2015, 10:55 AM
(18-02-2015 09:46 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It was moments before I had to leave to catch the bus, I remembered that we were supposed to bring our caterpillars... I exclaimed my predicament to my Mom and she just simply said, have you prayed to ask Heavenly Father to help you find a caterpillar... I must have thought she had gone crazy... 'pray for a caterpillar?'
I went into my room and did as she said, and then had to leave my house to catch the bus... I walked out of the front door and to my astonishment crawling across our sidewalk was a caterpillar... this is quite a simple story, and what some may call chance, coincidence or pure dumb luck... but to me, it was and always will be an answer to a little boy's prayer and taught me that God does hear our prayers and he does answer them, no matter how big or how small.

Actually, it was the caterpillar praying to get off the hot sidewalk. God is such a prankster.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
18-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Dear God,

I’m praying to you to show me a sign that you don’t exist.

Thanks Thumbsup

WHOA!!!!!!!!! THE SIGNS ARE EVERYWHERE! YOU MUST EXIST. THANKS!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
18-02-2015, 11:04 AM
(18-02-2015 11:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Dear God,

Thanks Thumbsup

All we have to do is open our eyes.....Laughat

18-02-2015, 03:57 PM
(18-02-2015 11:04 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 11:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Dear God,

Thanks Thumbsup

All we have to do is open our eyes.....Laughat

Thanks for you confirming you suffer from confirmation bias.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-02-2015, 10:20 PM
I was very hungry on my way home from work. My mind was on some spherical shaped meat and drawn dough. Then I felt a tickling on my body. When I came home, I saw that my wife had made spaghetti and meatballs. How beautiful he is!!!! FSM delivers yet again. Ramen!!!
[Image: fsmprayer.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post