Testing Homeopathy
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Testing Homeopathy
Okay, Keen...you are right. The stuff isn't working. It's all in my head. And I don't know much about animals either and only had the crazy for about 15 years, not nearly long enough what works and what doesn't.

My dad told it was a habit since she is healthy...like cribbing in horses or nail chewing in people. But how would he know that? Vet school doesn't teach you much about animals.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Testing Homeopathy
That's not what I'm saying at all, calm down.
I was expanding on placebo effect itself, not necessarily how it relates to your case.
We know fairly well that homeopathy doesn't work, now Chas has indicated that it is a "herbal" formula that probably has some active ingredients to it. Which is what I asked you in the first place.

But putting that aside, since we know homeopathy doesn't work, what are some other reasons it may seem to have worked?
Which is why I brought up the placebo effect.
And for that matter, my mom has raised birds for years, and I hand raised both pet birds and chickens for many years.

And you never mentioned anything about your dad previously, so I don't know why you would bring it up now.

Humanists of West Florida
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply