Testing, Testing, 1, 3. We Don't Test 2. What About You?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: Testing, Testing, 1, 3. We Don't Test 2. What About You?
(04-05-2015 11:34 AM)MarcATL Wrote:  I'm a traditionalist in the full meaning of the word.

I believe that the Bible is God's Word, so I don't stray away from it.

Me too!

I’m writting to you from the Homestead Correctional Institution in Florida for stoning two of my kids for not obeying. The judge obviously doesn’t know his Bible even though I tried my best to explain it to him. At least I know I am blessed!

Psalm 137:9
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Full Circle's post
04-05-2015, 12:13 PM
(04-05-2015 12:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 11:34 AM)MarcATL Wrote:  I'm a traditionalist in the full meaning of the word.

I believe that the Bible is God's Word, so I don't stray away from it.

Me too!

I’m writting to you from the Homestead Correctional Institution in Florida for stoning two of my kids for not obeying. The judge obviously doesn’t know his Bible even though I tried my best to explain it to him. At least I know I am blessed!

How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock. Thumbsup

You got it wrong. The verse is referring to rock music. To dash one's little ones against the rock is a Hebrew phrase referring to teaching them to appreciate good quality rock and roll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
04-05-2015, 12:15 PM
(04-05-2015 12:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 12:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Me too!

You got it wrong. The verse is referring to rock music. To dash one's little ones against the rock is a Hebrew phrase referring to teaching them to appreciate good quality rock and roll.

Fuck. Now you tell me. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
04-05-2015, 12:32 PM
(04-05-2015 12:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 12:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  You got it wrong. The verse is referring to rock music. To dash one's little ones against the rock is a Hebrew phrase referring to teaching them to appreciate good quality rock and roll.

Fuck. Now you tell me. Weeping

'S OK. Just rape a virgin in a field somewhere and pay her Daddy 50 shekels - more kids in no time!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-05-2015, 01:03 PM
(04-05-2015 11:47 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 11:34 AM)MarcATL Wrote:  "Support" is an interesting word.

I'm a traditionalist in the full meaning of the word.

I believe that the Bible is God's Word, so I don't stray away from it. Doesn't mean I have to be bashing anything or anyone. God Himself gave us FREEDOM to choose. He has His will for us, but it's up to us, as individual, to CHOOSE what direction we will go, His way, or our own way.

Pro-choice is the same concept. Of course nobody believes in abortion, but that's between the woman, her Maker and her doctor.

Healthcare: Well Jesus went around healing the sick, that was not only A major part, but THEE major part of His early ministry. What you see in the media is RW radicals running a mock, self-proclaiming Christianity. aka PERVERTING it. I detest that.

Welfare, well, we are supposed to be our brother's keeper, should we not?

Evolution: Man-made nonsense. Scripture tells us that God created the world in 7 days, seven LITERAL days as described by the morning and evening.

Like I said, I'm traditional, that means I'm neither far left, nor far right. A true Christian practices temperance.

No GOP trick here. I'm legit.

Smile

I was a conservative Christian--however after my conservative phase--I switched to liberal Christianity for a brief time (before switching to agnostic and then atheist). Have you read Jesus Was a Liberal by Scotty McLennan or Raw Revelation by Mark Roncace?
What is this thing you speak of called "read?"

I'm curious to know more about your, seemingly lengthy, conversion from conservative Christian to liberal atheist.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."

-- Malcolm X
04-05-2015, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 02:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-05-2015 11:34 AM)MarcATL Wrote:  I believe that the Bible is God's Word, so I don't stray away from it. Doesn't mean I have to be bashing anything or anyone. God Himself gave us FREEDOM to choose. He has His will for us, but it's up to us, as individual, to CHOOSE what direction we will go, His way, or our own way.

Pro-choice is the same concept. Of course nobody believes in abortion, but that's between the woman, her Maker and her doctor.

Healthcare: Well Jesus went around healing the sick, that was not only A major part, but THEE major part of His early ministry. What you see in the media is RW radicals running a mock, self-proclaiming Christianity. aka PERVERTING it. I detest that.

Evolution: Man-made nonsense. Scripture tells us that God created the world in 7 days, seven LITERAL days as described by the morning and evening.

Like I said, I'm traditional, that means I'm neither far left, nor far right. A true Christian practices temperance.

Smile

You are totally mistaken if you actually think anyone has the "freedom" to buy into dulusional nonsence they KNOW is false. You need to look up "intellectual dishonesty". It doesn't make one bit of difference what you believe. For thousands of years believers have bought into all sorts of crap, stomped their ignorant litlle impotent feet and had their little tantrums about how what they believed was true, and 99.999 % of them have been proven to be false, just as you will be. We know who wrote the Bible, and why it's totally WRONG. The Hebrews priests who assembled the Bible had NO idea about science or what it would teach. Evolution is taught and accepted by EVERY major mainline university in the world. The theist science professor (Biochemistry) at Brown Uniiversity (Dr. Kenneth Miller) in "Finding Darwin's God" had shown just how idiotic believers who reject evolution are, and why they are wrong. Evolution is not even in the realm of discussion any longer in educated circles. It's simply accepted by science. Saying you believe in the Bible is irrelevant. It's not just wrong in a few places, it MOSTLY all wrong. It's not "god's word" It's HUMAN POLITICAL PROPOGANDA. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

If you have REAL ACADEMIC scholarly research to back up anything you say, let's see it. We know more about your holy books than you do.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid169834
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid101545
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-look
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...+Testament
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...=salvation
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid117446
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid159006
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-05-2015, 02:25 PM
(04-05-2015 01:03 PM)MarcATL Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 11:47 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I was a conservative Christian--however after my conservative phase--I switched to liberal Christianity for a brief time (before switching to agnostic and then atheist). Have you read Jesus Was a Liberal by Scotty McLennan or Raw Revelation by Mark Roncace?
What is this thing you speak of called "read?"

I'm curious to know more about your, seemingly lengthy, conversion from conservative Christian to liberal atheist.

"Read"--you know to engage in a written medium outside of the Bible? Tongue

A lot of atheists who come from a religious background have a lengthy conversion. It wasn't something we decided to be *just because.* It was a process of weighing evidence and coming to a conclusion based on that evidence.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
04-05-2015, 02:46 PM
(04-05-2015 11:34 AM)MarcATL Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 09:08 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Hi Marc, I'm just a few hours up 85 from you.

I recently ran across another Liberal Christian the other day, it feels like an endangered species almost, lol.

to be christian and support gays? and be pro choice? and want healthcare for all? and actually understand poverty and assistance? and evolution? and feminists?

seriously, I feel like you are bait for some sort of GOP trap, lol

welcome to TTA.
"Support" is an interesting word.

I believe that the Bible is God's Word, so I don't stray away from it. Doesn't mean I have to be bashing anything or anyone. God Himself gave us FREEDOM to choose. He has His will for us, but it's up to us, as individual, to CHOOSE what direction we will go, His way, or our own way.

Smile

You don't stray from the "word of god"? So you obey all of 613 commandments written in Pentateuch?

Also if Bible is word of god then how there can be inconsistencies in it?

And what do you mean when you say that nobody believes in abortion?

Bible tells that god created the world in 7 days, right? What are evidence for this? Bible says so so it's must be true?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-05-2015, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 02:55 PM by Full Circle.)
(04-05-2015 02:46 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 11:34 AM)MarcATL Wrote:  "Support" is an interesting word.

Smile

You don't stray from the "word of god"? So you obey all of 613 commandments written in Pentateuch?

Also if Bible is word of god then how there can be inconsistencies in it?

And what do you mean when you say that nobody believes in abortion?

Bible tells that god created the world in 7 days, right? What are evidence for this? Bible says so so it's must be true?

I know I'm going straight to Hell...I wear mixed fabrics Smile in fact the underwear I have in right now is 95% cotton and 5% Lycra, I know this 'cause I just took 'em off to look Yes

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
04-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Is yet another reminder really necessary?

Dodgy